B A S S Federation Tournament Morgan City

Started by Wildcat26, March 12, 2007, 10:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat26

My first time in a BASS tournament and in that area so I went as a non-boater. First day I drew a guy that had a tackle shop in Morgan city.  Said he had some good fish located so I was feeling good. After a two hour fog delay we blasted off.  We ran about 50 miles to the west before making a cast.  I got one strike all day my partner did not get a strike. Threw just about everything in the tackle box.

First day about 40 of the 130 in the tournament did not weigh a fish. There were two stringers a little over 10 lbs leading.

Second day I drew a guy from Baton Rouge that was familar with the area and was in 12th place.  We had trolling motor problems and left the launch an hour after blast off.  This time we ran about 40 miles to the east, Black Bayou area I had fished 2 years ago, before making a cast.  Since my boater was in 12th place and I was out of the money I gave him the front of the boat for the day.  I caught about twenty five from the back of the boat, my boater caught fewer but better fish fishing from the front.  He ended up in 4th place with 18 lbs. 22 lbs won the tournament.

The first day the water was dirty - to it looked like you could walk across it.
The second day we found some clear water at the back of a canal. 
Fished that canal all day.  Caught fish on a varity of plastics all fished with out weights.

I enjoyed the tournament, it was a good expericence.  Both guys I drew we nice guys.