Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Spool shaft bearing on Curado

(Read 2418 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

Bluefleck

• UB Member
  • FnG
Connie,

For regular maintenance, do you pull the spool shaft bearing, or do you clean it on the shaft?  When you pull the spool shaft pin, do you use a special tool?  :-\

conniek

• Smallmouth
  • FnG
You can remove the pin by gently tapping out with a punch. however, be careful, if you bend pin, will cost you a new spool. tommy takes out the pin, I clean bearng on shaft. I stand it up, squirt lighter fluid into bearing, let it set, pour out, dry bearing, spin it, apply one drop of rocket oil. If no long spin or spin freely, do process over again. You can turn spool upside down to dry bearing or use air. hope this helps connie
conniek-Gycb Pro Staff,Ask about our maint. video and training school- SEE US IN DEC ISSUE BASSMASTER

shadow745

• Fisher Person
  • FnG
Actually the pin can be replaced for a few cents. I had the same problem a few years ago. I happen to own a 1/10 scale off-road electric buggy that's designed for high speed dirt racing. Anyway, I found a pin identical to the type used on spools at my LHS (Local Hobby Shop) that specializes in R/C related items. We call them roll pins and they can usually be bought at a very low price, just make sure you get the right diameter.

conniek

• Smallmouth
  • FnG
that is great information Shadow. Thanks for sharing. Now, if I only had a hobby shop our here at yantis, tx. Population=230 counting cats, dogs.  :)
conniek-Gycb Pro Staff,Ask about our maint. video and training school- SEE US IN DEC ISSUE BASSMASTER