No reverse lights

Started by Ron Fogelson, March 31, 2007, 01:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Fogelson

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram and my reverse lights went out.  at 1st it was intermittently when I was backing up my boat trailer and now they fail to come on wether I have a trailer hooked up or not.

I went through every fuse under the hood and they are all fine, any other ideas?

AB

Fogy, I'll hafta check the books.  If none of the reverse lights are working, I'd say it is an issue with the reverse light switch on the transmission.  Should be under warranty.

weirdlittleman

ck the trailer cont and make sure that  of all the contections   are good   
"The past cannot be changed, but the future is still in your power!"
"Don't let today's disappointments cast a shadow on tomorrow's dreams!"

Kal-Kevin

We had this a few years ago with one of the guy in a tournament he same thing happen, what it was, was the wires they added for the trailer light the one that work the back up lights was broken. It seems that when it was added them in they cut the wire instead of a splicing it in.

Now if its the newer plug in type it could be the plug it self if you can reach it try taking the one plug out and put the other two back together. I know this will make the trailer lights not work at all but it will test if its that, that the problem.

Kal

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: AB on March 31, 2007, 08:00:01 PM
Fogy, I'll hafta check the books.  If none of the reverse lights are working, I'd say it is an issue with the reverse light switch on the transmission.  Should be under warranty.

Thanks AB, It is under warranty, but wanted to see if I was missing a fuse some place, did want to be "That Guy" that got charged $50.00 and lost his truck for a day for a fuse   :'(

AB

Fogy, with it being intermittent like that I highly doubt a fuse.  I suspect a faulty reverse light switch, and you shouldn't have to pay a dime. ;D 

spetro

should have bought a ford ~shade lo

BassBUFF

Why? He couldn't tow the boat with a ford! :roll2:

JEVSkeeter

Quote from: BassBUFF on April 08, 2007, 11:59:52 AM
Why? He couldn't tow the boat with a ford! :roll2:

They sell Fords in LA????

You guys kill me........ Fords and Chevys, Fords and Chevys, Ranger and Skeeter, Ranger and Skeeter......... :fart2: LOL!!!!!

James 4:8,
Skeeter Boats Demo Team,
Yamaha, Minn Kota,
Humminbird, Navionics, Luck"E"Strike, Stay-N-Charge, BassWishes Tackle

Ron Fogelson

Got it fixed on the 11th and it was the reverse switch, thanks for the help.

AB you were right, in and out and didn't cost a dime.

Oh, by the way they do sell Fords and Chevys, its buy one get one free,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, to use as parts  lo