Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

I Finally Jumped In

(Read 1018 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

wantitall

• UB Member
I love to fish and enjoy catching bass and walleye primarily although I am not against a good day fo trout fishing. I didn't get to fish as much as I would like the past few years but I am now back on the water even though I often only get out on Sunday. I want to join in and share what I find while out and see what everyone else does as well in my effort to learn the waters better.
I went to Jackson State Reservoir on April 1st and fished all over that lake. There were several boats as well as a number of people fishing from shore. I did see a couple of wipers caught on shore and only saw one other wiper (as well as one trout) landed in a boat. I fished from 8 am till about 6:30 pm and it was slow. I fished primarily jig and minnow and then finally switched and fished jig and worm in the afternoon and finally picked up a couple of wipers. The first was 17" and the second was just under 24". A nice fish.
Thanks to all for sharing.
Want It All

wantitall

• UB Member
I tried to add a picture of the fish from Jackson Lake but it didn't work so I am trying this way.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Want It All

PaulRoberts

• Smallmouth
Very nice photo. That smile says it all!

I too fish when I can get away. I've been an at-home Dad for the past 5 years and have had to limit my fishing excursions in time and intensity. But as my little one is getting older things I'm getting a little more time to myself. And my little boy is now becoming a fisherman too. The other night while I was updating my fishing journal (I've been at it for 27 years now) my son sat down next to me on the couch and made himself a journal. He drew a sunfish he caught and then a map of one of our ponds and marked where he'd caught sunfish.

Welcome aboard! I hope more people will share their fishing experiences here. There's alot around and we can't all be out there as much as we'd like.

Paul

Got EM Boy

• Smallmouth
Great fish congrats
"Ohhh boy i got EM"