Pflueger reels

Started by ʇuǝɹq™, February 11, 2005, 08:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ʇuǝɹq™

I was wondering if these reels are any good?  BPS is having a big sell tomorrow, and they will give a trade in on ANY old reel you have.  I really like this reel, but I want to make sure it's good.

dusterjim

I recently purchased a Pflueger President on EBAY NIB for $101 shipped to my door. I have it on a 6 ft MH action worming rod. It is very smooth ( 9 bearings ). I plan on replacing my BPS extreme reels over the next year with Pfluegers assuming I have no problems with this reel. It got excellent reviews from a number of testing sites. Several of my friends also have them and like the performance. Can't go bad for $100 for this reel. They are $129 at BPS. They are listed regularly on EBAY for $95.

Good luck..

Jim

ʇuǝɹq™

Thanks DusterJim!  I also have the BPS extreme (2 actually) and I really like them!  Thanks for the info!  I'll get a trade in on it tomorrow.

wme96

You bet they are Jim. I have a guide friend on Lake Anna that 'em and BPS reels.  I usually just get the BPS reels because I like the price and durability of their reels. 8)
LM NAFC,BASS Member
The name is Bill and movin' to Oklahoma Feb 26th
Keep castin' at 'em and they will come.

greenkeeperlt

I have been using the President for a year now and I love it, I might get another off ebay if they are 95 bucks. They have been rated very high and In-Fisherman Magazine rated it to have the freest spool on the market. #2 was the Shimano SF curado.
I FISH....
THEREFORE I AM!

OHbassaholic

Hey, do me a favor please.  I heard today that Pfluegers will be exclusively available at Dick's Sporting Goods from now on.  Is that why BPS is clearing them out?  Check with the guys at BPS and let me know.  Thanks.

We received the President and Gold Pro Series spinning reels in the converted Galyans to DSG I work at a few days ago.  Today, we got in the Trion baitcasters.  They are all very nice reels.  That Trion really impresses me at just under $100!

Ron Fogelson

OH  I was just at BPS the other day & they still had Pflueger reels @ the real counter.  I hadn't seen this post before I was in there so I didn't know to ask, but they are still in the line-up.

OHbassaholic

Thanks for letting me know, Fogy.  I already told my store manager he was full of crap.  I can't see Pflueger limiting themselves to only one retail outlet.

I believe that all of the big name reel manufacturers are going to see a loss in market share this year to Pflueger.  They are making some fine products now and people are taking notice.

Ronnie Broussard

I have been buying my Phlueger reels at Academy sporting goods for a couple of years now. They are still there and I don't see the prices changing like it would be some kind of closeout or anything.
I agree with JB. I think they are good reels for a good price. I use their spinning reels. Have to admit I've been using Pinnacle bait casters for a year now tho and wouldn't give em up for anything else for the same price!  :)

OHbassaholic

:o  I hear you about those Pinnacles.  That Titanium Carrara is sweeeet.  I just like the larger thumbprint on the Trion.