Santa Rosa

Started by BassinFever, April 14, 2007, 07:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassinFever

Anyone have any info on how Santa rosa is doing for fishing will be there next month and was curious on how the conditions are and what the Bass are biting on:-\ :-\
PROSTAFF- TKF Lures  www.gotkf.com

Bassdeer

Was there Saturday April 14, Fishing was slow, bad cold front came in on Friday, had to fish real slow. If you are coming in May fishing should be good, Start with top water(buzzbait) in the trees and then just throw tubes and jigs at the rocks for smallmouths.

BassinFever

Thanks for the advice I may try and e-mail you when it gets closer.

Desert Bass

You should be hitting it about spawn or late spawn but either way you should find plenty of good fish.  My boat is broke so I don't think I will make it over there before you.  However, you should be able to find good largemouth up the Pecos river and lots of smallmouth along the main channel closer to the ramp.  I've always had exceptional luck this time of the year with Texas rigged lizards and creature baits like a "sweet beaver".  I don't think it really matters that much this time of the year. If they aren't hitting in one area, just move.  They tend to really stack up at that lake.  I can send you a Acmemapper 2.0 map via e-mail with favorite spots if you want. 

BassinFever

That would be great if you could do that I would really appreciate it. My e-mail is ~beer~ ~beer~

Mike Garrett

I would like to see your map too!
PPBM Fed Rep, Past Pres

toddmacc

I would love to see a map as well.