Patoka 5-5, 5-6

Started by GRAPEAPE, May 07, 2007, 08:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRAPEAPE

Water????
Newton stewart ramp.
Weather: rain then sun then rain then sun then rain then sun,  Weather sucked!!!
Technique:  you name it we tried it.

Got their and set up camp on friday night.  Saturday was looking pretty good for the first few hours of the day, then the rain hit.  I caught a crappie off some weed beds.  the day went back and forth between sun and rain, the fish were skiddish to say the least.  Started off the day throwing spinnerbaits trying to locate some fish and establish a pattern, switched to carolina rig with no success.  Moved locations a few times to areas that looked fishy.  Fished stumps, weed beds, flats.  caught no fish.  Decided to try some secondary points and ledges with jigs and crankbaits, finally established a "pattern"  problem was no bass were to be found off the secondary points we caught a few crappie and a slimey catfish.  Fish were maily in offshore weed beds in 12-20 feet of water.  Going was rough all day.   Sunday the rest of the coldfront had moved through and we had the bluebird skies.  My partner caught 1 bass, 4 lb 6 ozs.  was a very nice fish, caught it on a T-rigged stick-o.  Rest of sunday was a wash.   Tough fishing to say the least all weekend.   Totals for me  3 crappie 1 catfish,  partner:  2 crappie, 1 largemouth