Lake Toho

Started by Rodney, May 28, 2007, 05:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodney

anything going on out here. have a small tourney this weekend. havent fished in a couple months.
All I do is eat, sleep and FISH!

Penetrator Weights Pro Staff
Simmons Sporting Goods.net

Swede

Hi Rodney - thought you just fished a BFL down there in early May?  :-\  Where have you been fishing lately - haven't seen any reports from you in a good while?  :-\
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

Rodney

I did but i was a non-boater...that really doesnt help me.This tourney i will be a boater, but i can get out and practice at all for this one. Last time I fished since then was Istokpoga and I really had nothing to report other than my azz being handed to me by my fellow club members.

flippin-fool

Rodney, I am real good at telling you what NOT to do LOL. It just happens to be whatever I would be doing that day. Just do the opposite and you will win for sure. I can tell you that our secret location is dead. I would try everything. Toss some toads, then hit some open water hydrilla, then flip. Since you can't practice you are in deep poop.
I live in Florida therefore I am a flippin fool.

Swede

Quote from: Rodney on May 29, 2007, 02:37:13 PM
I did but i was a non-boater...that really doesnt help me.This tourney i will be a boater, but i can get out and practice at all for this one. Last time I fished since then was Istokpoga and I really had nothing to report other than my azz being handed to me by my fellow club members.

I get just as much out of what was not working as what was working.  What were the conditions, weather, and water temps?  What kinds of baits did you try and fail to catch fish on?  What kind of structure did you fish and how deep?  Hell - I get my azz handed to me more often than not - but I learn something in the process each and every time out.  Co-Angler - I've been one for the past year.  I still submit a report and I try to address the questions above in the process - it all helps fellow UBers become better fishermen and fisherwomen.  I almost never submit anything related to exact spots - but general info is really appreciated ;)
Rascal Flatts

tahoe313

Here is a general hint for you. Was on Toho Saturday. Shallow water and horny toads. Have Fun!!!

Rodney

SHALLOW WATER????  I DIDNT THINK THERE WAS ANY ON THIS CHAIN...LOLOLOL
Well I certainatly have a plan...now weather it works or not..we will see. This is my first SOLO tourney....My luck I will have my best day ever and not have my partner to work the net. Guess I will have to learn the one handed fight and scoop method all the FLW guys have down pat. Atleast i wont have to worry about boat position. It is going to be alot of fun!!  Anyone can still sign up at onemantour.com  Wish me luck...hey Chuck..what secret spot are you talking about...call me. If its the one i am thinking, I am commiting myself to TOHO all day. I dont care, I am not locking out of that damn lake.

Florida Dave

Brown's Point has been giving up some good fish on dark Senkos & Topwater Frogs :)

I agree about not going through the lock right now. Lake Cypress is a biatch to get in because of the water level and choked full of hydrilla.

flippin-fool

I ran through Cypress twice just a couple weeks ago Sunday and it was fine. Lots of hydrilla but no problem running it.

Rhonda, Our "secret" spot is dead. Hit it for several hours with all but one of the 6 we caught being dinks. The only keeper went 2 pounds with the lure in its mouth. Stay put in Toho and just go with that plan. If you plan things good enough you can move as needed without wasting much time running. I will fax you that map later.
I live in Florida therefore I am a flippin fool.

Rodney

Bring me my STICK!!!  Help me Rhonda!!

Nowsker

I would try the s.west side of Mackinson early. There is a nice hydrilla field in front of the park entrance, they were there a few weeks ago. I used black w blue tail culprits and junebug slings. Don't be afraid to go all the way up in the little coves as they were in there as well. Good luck!

Swede

Quote from: Rodney on May 31, 2007, 10:04:53 AM
Bring me my STICK!!!  Help me Rhonda!!

Hey Rodney - we are all anxiously awaiting the results of your tourney and how you went about sticking them big ones.  How'd it all go?  We need a story of how the big one landed in the boat ;D
Rascal Flatts

Rodney

lololololol....did you happen to see the weather on Sat.??? 50 mph gusts & rain....There was a point in the day when i said to my self.......WHAT THE F... AM I DOING OUT HERE!!! Nope sorry guys, no real fish storys other than it was real tough..Took 36th with 3 fish for 6.41. There were a 100 boats that showed up believe it or not. Seriously that tourney probably should of be cancelled. I couldnt really do what i wanted beacuse it was to dangerous so i was stuck to fishing the north end...But of course someone always manages to catch them...18+ lbs won it. I caught my first 2 keepers on a spinnerbait and the last one that went just over 3 on a toad!!

Swede

Quote from: Rodney on June 05, 2007, 01:22:00 PM
lololololol....did you happen to see the weather on Sat.??? 50 mph gusts & rain....There was a point in the day when i said to my self.......WHAT THE F... AM I DOING OUT HERE!!! Nope sorry guys, no real fish storys other than it was real tough..Took 36th with 3 fish for 6.41. There were a 100 boats that showed up believe it or not. Seriously that tourney probably should of be cancelled. I couldnt really do what i wanted beacuse it was to dangerous so i was stuck to fishing the north end...But of course someone always manages to catch them...18+ lbs won it. I caught my first 2 keepers on a spinnerbait and the last one that went just over 3 on a toad!!

Sorry to hear the day did not go exactly as planned.  I really hate trying to fish in the wind.  We had 30 mph gusts on Seminole Saturday.  Can't imagine what 50mph would have been like.  The north end of Toho usually has some good fish willing to bite - sounds like if they were elsewhere they would have been blown away.  Good luck in the next tourney - I am sure you will bounce back 10 fold.  Thanks for the report.
Rascal Flatts

Rodney

THANKS!!  Have my club tourney out there this weekend. Out of Camp Mack. I will be running to toho for those fish i know are there that i couldnt get to last Sat. Any other suggestions would be great. Send me a IM though!!

AB

I was gonna fish that tourney....got up, looked out at the pouring rain and the trees blowing sideways and said "Hmmm....maybe not!"   lo lo

Swede

Quote from: Rodney on June 06, 2007, 02:10:55 PM
THANKS!!  Have my club tourney out there this weekend. Out of Camp Mack. I will be running to toho for those fish i know are there that i couldnt get to last Sat. Any other suggestions would be great. Send me a IM though!!

Not having been there recently, but keeping tabs on Toho, I'd recommend looking for submerged hydrilla in mid-lake areas out in open water.  Straight tail 7-8 inch worm in dark color (junebug, black, etc) T-Rigged.  Also recommend running shallow CB close to and around this hydrilla.  Flukes and spinnerbaits also a great way to find what you are looking for out there.  Just an out of towner looking in - I know a certain pro caught them this way on Toho this year and did very well.

"I was lucky," said Scroggins of his win. "My first-day partner gave me the heads up on what was happening here."

He started slow, ending the first day, Thursday, in 11th place. By Friday, he had moved up to fifth as he established his spot and pattern on Lake Tohopekaligia, where he fished all three days of the tournament.

"Today I caught all my fish in 20 minutes in a 10-yard stretch in the center of Toho," he said, adding that his catch were all post-spawn bass. "And the wind, unlike other days, wasn't bad today where I was."

He said his primary lures were a chartreuse Excalibur XR-50 and a Carolina rig with a Yum Houdini junebug worm.

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/tow_release.php?ID=113936&session=%23%23%23session%23%23
Rascal Flatts