Seminole

Started by Swede, June 03, 2007, 08:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swede

Fished the Florida Federation Nation 2-day out of Seminole Lodge Sat/Sun.  Got paired with two very good boaters - enjoyed fishing with both very much.  Wind and mist were with us all day Saturday as the tropical storm passed to the east.  Everyone found places to fish out of the wind.  Fished spring creek most of the day getting 5 keepers going 9.67 to lead coanglers.  Boater leading day 1 had 10+ pounds. 

Fished spring creek again today and got another 5 going 9.70 pounds to collect the win on the coangler side with 19.37 pounds for the two days.  Boater winner was my first day partner - weighed largest sack of the tourney today going 14.16 pounds and had a total weight of 23+ pounds.  Fished watermelon and black grape plastics and a Bandit CB both days.  The CB was more effective and the morning bite better than afternoon.  Water had slight stain in spring creek.
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

gotfishyfingers

~c~CONGRATS!!! Thanks for telling us what you were using.

Swede

No problem - I love crankbaits and plastic.  I mess around with a little of everything - but really get the most enjoyment out of fishing these two.  Missed three fish early Saturday morning on flukes, partner missed three as well on spinnerbait - in the lake.  Moved to another location - caught a pickeral on a Cyclone Baits Lightning Blade.  Moved to yet another location - partner got his first on c-rig plastic.  I tied on a V&M black grape ringer and set the hook on second cast - rod bowed over and thought I finally had the good one I had been looking for - that is until an eight to ten pound channel cat finally shows itself  lo.  After that we went to spring creek for the remainder of the day.
Rascal Flatts

Swede

Just a couple pics from this weekend's FL Federation Nation tourney thanks to my second day partner GPrince.  That man is a great fisherman and I'll vouch for his guiding abilities  ;D  You will learn something about bass fishing if you get the opportunity to fish with him - he's more versatile than anyone I have fished with.  Spinning gear, both left hand and right hand casting gear, and about 10 varieties of baits on the front deck of that boat yesterday.

Mr Matt Smith (second place coangler) is holding 2 of 3 of his day 2 fish that weighed in at 13.52 pounds. He caught much better quality than I did - just not the numbers - with just one more bass he would have had the win. He finished the tourney with 18+ pounds - about a half pound behind me - and captured big bass award with a 5.50 pound fish.

Rascal Flatts

bassboy

Congratulations are in order, my friend!!

~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Chris
It ain't how 'ya hold yer rod...
It's how 'ya wiggle yer worm.... 

YANKEM_OUT

sounds like you might to of went north of the spring creek bridge up from ralph king landing

WWW.MONAVIE.COM

FlFedAngler

Way to go Swede!!!  Wished I could have been their, but I had to go watch my daughter in a Cheerleading competition at Auburn University.  Sounds like you guy's had a good time.  Greg is a nice person and a good angler.  He was my co-angler in May at the Seminole Qualifier and he took the win then.  See ya soon!
Have a good one & thank GOD for it.
www.AroundTheTournamentTrail.com

Swede

Here are a couple more pics from the tourney:

I had two very good partners/guides - Bobby Smith and GPrince - both in the money

GPrince and his big fish on the boater side
Rascal Flatts

theskinnyde