1/16 oz shakey skirted jig w/ finnesse trailer (Spring 2007 contest winner)

Started by WES, June 09, 2007, 03:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WES

ok here it is this is a spot remover magnum

i put the skirt above the bait keeper  and below the eye so it wont move. then i put the worm on like regular and i end up with this

the worm makes it weedless and i fish it just like a regular shakey head on 8 or 10 lbs mono in clear water so far it has been deadly

Bassinkorea

I need to try this rig.....thanks for sharing  :-* :-*
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

mattorschell

Do you use superglue to keep the worm on. My skirt is taking up to much space to push the worm all the on.

WES

mine was doing the same thing  and that would probablly fix it. i was just biting off a little bit of the worm and pushing it back on there

Beagle

Go to the "pro" model with the screw keeper. Or better yet, use the Reaction Innovations "screwed up jighead"'
IMO it's the best on the market.

skeeter944

Nickk

this set up(1/4oz) saved my day Sunday.  I ended up landing 5 bass and 2 shook loose, all from the same spot on the same bait(with a Gotstafish little Teaser trailer) in about 1 hour.  It was a pure UB success day!

Bassinkorea

Congrats Nickk ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

This was not the first time the tips forum has come to the rescue, come on everybody the tips you post today could save your fellow fisherman tomorrow  :-* :-* :-* :-*
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Nickk

I forgot to mention that I skirted it with a Gotstafish bluegill colored skirt, trimmed short for the finesse effect ;D

mattorschell

I also caught about five smallmouth on this rig sunday. None were over 12" but had a blast.

mattorschell

Are you guys throwing this were you would throw a shakeyhead  or are you throwing it it brush or cover?

WES

I threw it every where around docks in brush and just down open bank. It worked beter for me earlier in the year i havent done very well on it since the water got over 80