Doud Hannon's new reel.

Started by OCBassman, June 13, 2007, 07:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCBassman

Dug

yup, and I think they are too much for an entry reel and a new manufacturer.  But I could be wrong. I would love to try one and see.

Dug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

CJ Basser8

I looked at the ones he had at the classic. 

i think he would do much better by selling just the spool for aorund $20 than try to sell the entire reel.  There are too many Die hard Shimano or Daiwa or Pfueger users that dont' want to switch brands for esentially a fancy spool.

JayPea2006

If he had the only reel on the market, I'd quit fishing first and find something new to do. Guy is a moron.

OCBassman

Quote from: JayPea2006 on June 13, 2007, 08:42:18 PM
If he had the only reel on the market, I'd quit fishing first and find something new to do. Guy is a moron.

lo lo lo  So uh JP tell us how you really feel.  lo lo lo

The Eyes Have It

I've tried the reel and it does what it says it will do. If you get a chance to try one, I believe you will like it.
http

JayPea2006

Quote from: The Eyes Have It on June 17, 2007, 04:47:15 AM
I've tried the reel and it does what it says it will do. If you get a chance to try one, I believe you will like it.

PT Barnum was right.

-Shawn-

bassn1

Quote from: JayPea2006 on June 13, 2007, 08:42:18 PM

So, JP. What did he ever do to you?

"Success is a Journey. Not a destination".

The Eyes Have It

http

Bane

whenever i see a loop in my spinning outfits, I just loosen the drag and pull the line off until the loop comes off with it. Instead of trying to cast it out.

Casting it out will not work, however pulling it out with the drag will work 100% of the time unless you have a knot from trying to previously cast it out.

The Eyes Have It

Nice tip Bane, I'll try that next time I get one.
http

topcat

I am not  :fishy  looks like another gadget to catch fishmen  .......

Topcat

JayPea2006

Quote from: bassn1 on June 17, 2007, 09:27:46 AM
So, JP. What did he ever do to you?

When I was a kid I worked at a bait and tackle down the street, and Doug lived on Keystone Lake down the road from the house and he would come by frequently and pick up shiners to feed his lab bass. Trying to be nice and cordial, he wouldn't give anyone the time of day. Never said anything to anyone except how many shiners he needed. That left a bad taste.

Then, a year or so ago our club did a seminar/meeting and we had Chris Lane (a real assett to pro-fishing), and we paid Doug Hannon an appearance fee to attend and speak. After Chris was finished, Doug was asked to say something and he just shrugged his shoulders and said, "nah, don't have anything to say". So he sat there in his chair for 2 hours and never said a word to anyone, just sat there.

So that's what I have against Doug Hannon.

bassn1

JP. Thanks for the explaination.

"Success is a Journey. Not a destination".

docav

Quote from: JayPea2006 on June 17, 2007, 02:39:58 PM
When I was a kid I worked at a bait and tackle down the street, and Doug lived on Keystone Lake down the road from the house and he would come by frequently and pick up shiners to feed his lab bass. Trying to be nice and cordial, he wouldn't give anyone the time of day. Never said anything to anyone except how many shiners he needed. That left a bad taste.

Then, a year or so ago our club did a seminar/meeting and we had Chris Lane (a real assett to pro-fishing), and we paid Doug Hannon an appearance fee to attend and speak. After Chris was finished, Doug was asked to say something and he just shrugged his shoulders and said, "nah, don't have anything to say". So he sat there in his chair for 2 hours and never said a word to anyone, just sat there.

So that's what I have against Doug Hannon.
did your club still pay him? i wouldnt have gave him a cup of water to do that. doug

JayPea2006

Quote from: docav on June 17, 2007, 10:28:03 PM
did your club still pay him? i wouldnt have gave him a cup of water to do that. doug

yep, had to pay him to show up.

pretjah

well i can attest to the exact opposite of doug hannon...our club sponsored a seminar and Doug was the key speaker...there was plans to be over 100-150 people but bad weather from a noreaster keep everyone but about 20 people away...doug spoke for 15 minutes about his reel and website and basic fishing stuff then he answered questions for about 90 minutes.  and we payed nothing for him to show up.

i dont have the reel but 2 guys in my club have it and they truely do everything that he says they will do...

personnally i can't stand the circular reel handle but the reel does cast 20% further and it does keep out bird nests... 

i've done the casting test myself with my buddies reels compared to my quantum spinning reels  granted the one i used was a 40-50 buck model compared to his 80 dollar model but with the same lure it did cast further consistantly.