NICE COLORADO BASS! 061807

Started by joe4theavs, June 18, 2007, 09:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe4theavs

CAUGHT THIS BEAST AT MY LOCAL WATER HOLE TODAY!  Of course I didn't have my scale but this thing was a monster.  The water is hotter and they are more active than ever!  Caught on a 3 inch smoke worm with a ribbon tail!

Size of my leg!
Time is never wasted, when your wasted all the time!

TxT

Nice bass joe!!  That is a really nice one!  Did it put up a good fight?

joe4theavs

I wasn't too far from shore so the "showtime" was limited.  Came out from the tree to hit my worm.  The water was about 4' deep and about 10' out from shore.  Saw it come right out of the tree and follow my worm.  The LMB are very active/aggressive right now.  Its that time of year!  Time to pull out some frogs for some more topwater action!

TxT

joe,

I hear you!  There are a ton of bass just feet from shore hanging out in cover.  And 99% of people don't recognize this.  Everybody needs to invest in some polarized sun glasses...heck you can pick up a pair for next to nothing that will work.  I took a buddy out today and I showed him the fish in the cover.  He was quite impressed.  He is just getting into spinning fishing and is awesome at spotting fish as he's been a long time fly fisherman.  From the smiles on his face, I think I've almost converted him permanantly (probably not). 

Keep catching those big boys and keep us posted.

TxT

joe4theavs

TxT, you got it!  Thats been the key for me right now.  The water levels went up in a couple of my ponds and I've caught many in just shaded areas, structure and using various lures no further than 10' from shore.  Polarized are a must, keep up the good work!  Everyone needs to be fishing!  They are going nuts out there!

bassineveryday

Nice hawgy Joe. The fish are up and moving at my ponds on 64th by the way there is two of them the second pond has bass all over it and tons off grass in it all day you can see them cruising anything in front of them they just annihilate

PaulRoberts

Nice bass, Joe. That's a big one in my book. She's in good condition too.

k0diak

"The only thing better than fishing, is talking about fishing."

Basso Profundo

Joe,
looks nice...too bad I'm the only one who knows your only three feet tall, making your "leg as a measuring device" a little skewed. just kidding.
call me Erik