Night Tourney on Bistineau

Started by FishinSteelersFan, June 25, 2007, 09:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishinSteelersFan

I am not a member, but was thinking about joining.  I heard that your club is holding it's next tournament on Bistineau and it's a night tournament...which is something that interests me.  I also heard that several of your charter members were unhappy about the club voting for a night tournament, to the point where several want to quit the club.  This is rediculous, most all clubs in the south have night tournaments in the hot Summer months...it's better for the fish and fishermen.  If those wanting to quit because of what the other members want, then let them walk away. ~gator

JUST MAKE SURE THEY DON'T KEEP YOUR MONEY, THAT WOULD BE A FELONY IN BOSSIER PARISH! PoPo

Please let me know what the club plans on doing, because I'm sure that another club or circuit would be happy to take my entry money.
Legend boats, Mercury ProXS, Kistler rods
www.LouisianaPoormans.com  Check us out, 100% payout EVERY TIME!

BIG PAPA

Not ridiculous at all if you do not like fishing at night.
papa

FishinSteelersFan

I'm sure that you had members that didn't want to pay $20 to put their boat on Cross Lake, either.  So, I'm guessing that they didn't fish it...that's your option too.  If you allow the club to vote, then you can't pick and chose after the vote goes against your preference...you had the opportunity to nominate a lake and put it to the vote.  I understand that the vote was for a night tournament on Bistineau and a strong majority voted for it.  If you don't want members to vote, then set up a schedule at the beginning of the year...and if they don't like your schedule, they'll fish another club with a schedule to their liking.  You can't have it both ways...if you don't like to fish at night, don't fish it.

Beagle

I don't think anyone minded a nite tourny. Eye's got big when someone said it was gonna be 12hrs. Majority rules though. If it's on my off weekend, I'm gonna fish it with someone. we can sleep in shifts.  ;D

FishinSteelersFan

Any rules against fishing from 7:00pm until 10:00pm and going back to the truck and sleeping until 5:00am and fishing until 7:00am?

Bubblegum

Lety Me Answer a Few Questions
1st.NOBODY SAID THEY WERE QUITTING!
2nd.I'VE GOT THE MONEY!DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT!!!IT IS IN THE BANK!!!!!
3rdTHE ONLY THING SAID WAS some members go to Church on Sunday.WE SHOULD ALL BE RIGHT BESIDE THEM it might do some good.I myself am not against a night tournament on Bisteneau,I welcome it. 12 hours Somebody was not thinking,from 7:00 til about 9:00 will be the hottest time of the day.Not the sharpest tack in the box.
4th We welcome new members.I would at this time like to encourage everyone to join A.L.B.C.,we have many oportunities with ALBC such as the Best Six Tournament each year in April on Toledo Bend,District 1 Top Ten,State Team Tournament ,Top 25 Tournament,& Tournament of Champions.I would like to see these Titles Come To 40 and Over.I would like to see our Club become the Premier Club in the area.
5th.We are a group of fishermen & women who enjoy the company of the other fishermen & women,& the time we spend on the water.If this is the kind of environment you would like to experience come check us out,if not I suggest you try some other Club.

Don
And Jesus calling them to him said, suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not for such is the Kingdom of God.

FishinSteelersFan

Quote from: Bubblegum on June 26, 2007, 08:19:50 PM
Lety Me Answer a Few Questions
1st.NOBODY SAID THEY WERE QUITTING!
2nd.I'VE GOT THE MONEY!DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT!!!IT IS IN THE BANK!!!!!
3rdTHE ONLY THING SAID WAS some members go to Church on Sunday.WE SHOULD ALL BE RIGHT BESIDE THEM it might do some good.I myself am not against a night tournament on Bisteneau,I welcome it. 12 hours Somebody was not thinking,from 7:00 til about 9:00 will be the hottest time of the day.Not the sharpest tack in the box.
4th We welcome new members.I would at this time like to encourage everyone to join A.L.B.C.,we have many oportunities with ALBC such as the Best Six Tournament each year in April on Toledo Bend,District 1 Top Ten,State Team Tournament ,Top 25 Tournament,& Tournament of Champions.I would like to see these Titles Come To 40 and Over.I would like to see our Club become the Premier Club in the area.
5th.We are a group of fishermen & women who enjoy the company of the other fishermen & women,& the time we spend on the water.If this is the kind of environment you would like to experience come check us out,if not I suggest you try some other Club.

Don

Well Don,
If you greet all your potential new members that way, then I'm sure you will have a problem with membership and perhaps this isn't the club for me.  And, 1. If you go to church from 7pm - 7am, then maybe you need to spend more time fishing. 2. If you think 7:00 - 9:00 is the hottest part of the day, then you are showing your ignorance and you my friend are definitely not the sharpest tack.  I know that every club has one guy that acts like a jerk, and obviously that would be you.  And don't preach to me about going to church, sounds like you need it more than most. And as far as becoming a Premier Fishing Club, perhaps your club should elect a new welcoming committee and get rid of your attitude...it's damaging your club's appeal.  I did watch one of your weigh-ins at Clark's Marina, I saw people carring fish to the scales (set on a truck tailgate???) in dipnets, by hand, and in weigh-in bags with no water.  I also saw fish dropped on the ground, kicked around and even some live fish put into ice chests...I think the ALBC should be made aware of your methods for handling fish.  And Don, you better make sure you have all the money and receipts for the prizes you award...an audit is in your near future.  :o

Bubblegum

Papa you are so right especially if you want to go to church the next day.
        Thank You
                                                         Don
And Jesus calling them to him said, suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not for such is the Kingdom of God.

milton

why  are  we  arguing  about the  night  tourney  when  the  majority of  the  club voted  for  it.we  have a  very nice  club &  even  nicer members ~sun . The  club  is  growing by  leaps & bound, so lets  talk  about the positives &  leave  the  negative  talk in  your  backyard ~shhh
milton

Bubblegum

Bassprocraft,I think you misunderstood,I am not 1 of the ones you were talking about quiting,I am the secretary /treasurer it is my job to insure the safety of the money,I am not going to allow anyone to keep the money.I set it up so 2 signatures are required on anny check or bank transaction other than deposits.
Perhaps I misunderstood you,it seemed to me you were insinuating that our club is dishonest.I was merely defending our honor.
As I said before if youn want to come out and have a good time then we welcome you.

If you wish to audit my records they are up to date and ready for anyone to look at.
  We did have 2 members say they were quitting,not because of the night tournament but because some were allowed to weigh in late ,after the deadline & thjey were not allowed to weigh in 5 minutes later .I was not at this tournament so I am not aware of all the particulars.It is my job however to assess the penalties for weighing in late.

Don

Thank you Milton that is what we want out of this club.

Don

Danny

Whoa pal,

You dont know any of us. We are just trying to enjoy ourselves on the water at our tournaments and on this board. We dont need this kind of trash talk OK.

Those comments were completely un called for and you are wrong. END

FishinSteelersFan

My apologies if I offended anyone, I was just trying to get some info and get to the bottom of some of the stuff I heard about this club...before joining.  After watching your weigh-in at Clark's Marina, I've decided that this is not the club for me...thanks anyway.  :bang

BIG PAPA

Bassprocraft.
Goodness gracious you jumped in with both barrels fireing.
Don is one of the nicest men you will ever meet, he spends an enormous ammount of time with the 18 and under club, no one makes him do that he just does it for the kids. Attitude? If Don has an attitude then I am a maniac. Dropping fish, heck I think just about everyone has dropped a fish before. And weighing in on the back of a truck, as long as the scales are level and accurate is that a problem. Shucks man on this site as far as I know everyone does their best to  have an easy attitude as when dealing with different personalities it makes things go much smoother. You are more than welcome to visit with any of the clubs sponsered on this site, heck we would welcome you with open arms that is just who we are on this site. We also welcome comments from new members and lurkers, it helps us learn from our mistakes.
We are glad to have you here and hope you continue to provide your input to the site.
please remember one thing we are here to learn and have fun.
papa ~c~

Danny

Well said Papa.

I am still disappointed with this topic.

I mean Wow.

ʇuǝɹq™

Bubblegum

Yes Brent it was verry much for real and totally uninvited

Don

FishinSteelersFan

Quote from: brent on June 30, 2007, 02:27:21 AM
Was this for real?   :-\

No Brent, it wasn't...just seems like some of your fellow club members have been gut hooked and reeled in...they didn't even pull any drag, sort of like a sick fish. :roll2: