Started by Bassthumb, July 02, 2007, 08:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassthumb

Temp ~84°
Blue bird skies
Water temp down to 80-81°
Wind SSE at 10
Fished from 6:00 PM to 9:40 PM

Started in the normal spots and achieved absolutley no bites, on any color, on any lure.  At 7:00 ish, I worked my way north, up by the eastern jetty (which is closed to foot traffic).  Started getting nibbles on a junebug finesse worm, but no firm takers.  Pulled off the rocks and went to the C-rig with a 8" BPS curly tail and in two casts put a solid 16" 2+ pounder in the boat.  (I must digress here:  A young couple were fishing on the rocks (on the jetty that is closed...obviously they can't read...LoL.  The young man had on black cloth gloves to fish with.  I chuckled to my self, and tried to come up with a reason for the gloves...  I thought, maybe some kind of allergy, but then, he took them off after I caught the 2#er.  About a half hour later, he had them on again.  I just love to watch people.  OBTW, the young lass with him didn't have any gloves and she caught all the bluegill!).

Shortly after the C-rig fish, I caught a dink on the finesse gear.  A friend boated over, and we just kind of fished together, but in different boats.  We ended up running the rip-rap with the finesse gear and got nothing.  I dug out some real ugly zoom finesse worms in a color called Chartruese/Pumpkin and whammo. the fishing lamp was lit.  We both were getting bites an almost every cast, and about every third cast was a fish.  Ended the evening with about 10 fish (none overly large from the finesse gear).  We were working the outside grass edge, in about 5' of water, along the brest of the dam.

Bugs weren't bad either.  It is a shame that the park closes at 10:00, the bite didn't start til 9:15...  Oh well!
Retired USAF MSgt (1W071A)            2008 Triton Tr-196
Plattsmouth, NE                  Mercury Optimax 200
B.A.S.S   NE B.A.S.S. Federation   FoMNTT participant (never again)                   Omaha-River City Bass Club