how do I post a picture

Started by Jdaddy, July 04, 2007, 03:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdaddy

Can anyone tell/show me how do I post a picture with my post, all i was able to do is add the link for people to download.

AB

Host it offsite....like on Photobucket or Shutterfly.  When it is hosted, right click the pic on their site and then copy what it says in "properties".  Now, open a post or reply here and click the button above the smilies that looks like a picture.  It will insert a set of brackets that say .  Paste the properties bewteen the ] and the [ and then post it!

T1A

-OR-

after you have hosted your pic in one of the sites AB has mentioned you right click on the pic select properties and copy the URL addy it gives, copy the url and paste it into your post, highlight that url and then click on the  and your done

Mike Cork

Start to finish on how to post a picture on Ultimate Bass.

First you have to have your picture hosted on a photo site, like photobucket.com or shutterfly.com , both of these allow you do to it for free. So set up an account and then load your pictures to their site.

Next, on their site, find the picture you want to load to Ultimate Bass and right click with your mouse on that picture. An info box will come up, select properties. Another box will open with information about your picture.

Find the URL (web address for the picture) and copy it and then paste it into your post here on Ultimate Bass.

Next you want to highlight it again and then click on the icon above the smileys that looks like this

That will put the proper tags around your pictures address that will allow it to show on the site.

And that's it. Sounds like a lot but after you do it once you have your own online photo account and you'll find it very easy to post future pictures here. Let me know if you have any problems.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Jared LeBlue

If you are using photobucket, under your picture will be a list of addresses, click on the one that says IMG code. Copy that code and paste it in your post. If you use that code you can skip the steps of highlighting the code in your post and clicking on the picture icon.
Ardent Prostaff

Donald Garner

Rattle,

Thanks for the instructions.  It took me a little bit of figuring it out but I got it done.

Don
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

bass1cpr

IT's been so long since I've posted a picture that I had forgotten how. I'm glad rattle posted the new shortened version and it will be so much easier now since I use photo bucket. Thanks Jared.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

Mike Cork

Yeah he does something useful around here once in a while  ~roflmao

Cork's Reel Service

bass1cpr

I love good humor and I'm not talking the ice cream bar.  lo  All's fair in fishin and war.   lo
   It was helpful because I posted some picture's today.  ;D
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

Lipripper

Quote from: bass1cpr on December 06, 2010, 04:29:00 PM
   I love good humor and I'm not talking the ice cream bar.  lo  All's fair in fishin and war.   lo
   It was helpful because I posted some picture's today.  ;D
So you use photbucket  Tom. Hummm. You posted some  ;PHO)  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

bass1cpr

Yes I did Lipper in a thread about how many of you make your own lures. 8 days to see this I'm getting slow.  lo

Lipripper

Quote from: bass1cpr on December 14, 2010, 06:06:17 PM
   Yes I did Lipper in a thread about how many of you make your own lures. 8 days to see this I'm getting slow.  lo
Don't worry about it Tom it could happen to almost any of us  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Railroader

Quote from: Jared LeBlue on July 13, 2009, 01:30:38 PM
If you are using photobucket, under your picture will be a list of addresses, click on the one that says IMG code. Copy that code and paste it in your post. If you use that code you can skip the steps of highlighting the code in your post and clicking on the picture icon.
I set up a account on photobucket, uploaded the pics i want to post from the computer, when i move the mouse over the pic a box opens with addresses, i see the IMG code when i click on it it just says copied, when i right click it doesnt say anywhere about coping or properties. I also have them on shutterfly and cant copy it there either?

Railroader

sorry on photobucket when i right click on the IMG code a box drops down and it

says setting, global settings, about adobe?

shutterfly is the one that doesnt let me copy when i right click.

Railroader

well never mind i just posted my first pic in skeeterboats.. ~c~

Swede

Photobucket has made things a little easier for all of us.  Once picture is loaded on their site, place your cursor over the picture.  A menu will drop down.  Slide down to the selection that says "IMG Code".  Left click in the code box and the words "copied" appear.  Now go to UB, right click and paste the code into the post.  You are done.  Easy - even for a guy like me with a lot of muscle above the shoulders.  lo
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

screwballl

click once on the photobucket IMG link and it should automatically say "copied". then come here, start your post, and right click in the typing area, then left click on "Paste". It should paste something like:

[ IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Screwballl/devilhorse.jpg[/IMG ] (without spaces)

After you Save or submit the post, it will change that link thing into the picture:

My wife and I had 22 happy years... then we got married.

ZX200LA

Mike Cork

Cork's Reel Service

Graham R

Test

analfisherman

Ok, heres my question.
Grahm's pic. when you left click it (the picture), it opens a group of pictures.
The others don't.

Just like when I do it.

Yet others have a single photo.

So for a single pic or a couple of pics....do you but them in a special file available on Photobucket?

I don't want every pic I have submitted.
Or should I say, "My girlfriend doesn't."  ~roflmao
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Mike Cork

It's all about the link you use. Just make sure you go to the specific photo you want in your photo bucket and open it. Now instead of using the url at the top of the browser, right click on the photo and copy "image URL".

Cork's Reel Service

bass1cpr

Ok I need some help how do I move some photo's from my e-mail to my photo bucket?

Donald Garner

bass1cpr,

Quote from: bass1cpr on March 15, 2014, 11:21:34 PM
Ok I need some help how do I move some photo's from my e-mail to my photo bucket?

Photos I have in my emails get saved to my computer photo album first.  Once there I go to my Photobucket account and upload them from my computer photo album to my account there.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

bass1cpr

Thanks Donald I'll ask the wife if we have a photo album on our computer.