Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Another Quincy Butt-kickin

(Read 1510 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

TxT

• Smallmouth
After getting butt kicked by HogMaster on Monday, todays butt-kickin was at the hands of my two sons.  We had a nice time on the water and caught a few LM.  One smallie was landed by my youngest son.  We broke off three nice fish in the weeds.  Overall, pretty slow day, everything seemed to pick up once the rain drops started falling. 

Some pics of our outing...

I finally and I mean finally got into the swing of things... late!

HogMaster -- think I found that fatty again

Going to give a go at it again tomorrow morning... water is really dropping an not sure how much longer we will get the boats in there.

k0diak

• Smallmouth
  • Never Give Up!
Nice job guys! Looks like a blast!  ~c~

"The only thing better than fishing, is talking about fishing."

Bassinkorea

• UB Nightshift
  • CM Chief Community Diplomat
  • UB for life - UB Life Member
Excellent TxT.....looks like your boys kicked some SERIOUS  :ass and enjoyed themselves.  ~c~ ~c~
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

HogMaster

• Largemouth
After getting butt kicked by HogMaster on Monday, todays butt-kickin was at the hands of my two sons.  We had a nice time on the water and caught a few LM.  One smallie was landed by my youngest son.  We broke off three nice fish in the weeds.  Overall, pretty slow day, everything seemed to pick up once the rain drops started falling. 

Some pics of our outing...

I finally and I mean finally got into the swing of things... late!

HogMaster -- think I found that fatty again

Going to give a go at it again tomorrow morning... water is really dropping an not sure how much longer we will get the boats in there.

Good to see the Kids taking care of business when I'm not around!! lo lo  Thanks boys for keeping Dad on his toes!!! Nice job!!

Brent I went out last night and went big fish hunting by myself.  Only threw big baits 9" worms in deep water. Hit 3 fish 3.5-3.8.
Towards the end of the night I had a big slam but missed due to my stupid ankle! I was off balance from the wind and missed the hit! ~xyz  Also meet another UB Colorado member. Bferg
Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 02:47:17 PM by HogMaster
HOGS ARE MY BUSINESS!! AND BUINESS IS GOOD!

bferg_80002

• UB Member
Tx- Nice work man!  I broke off a nice fish in the weeds last night too- that is the first bass I have ever broken off.  It felt like a really nice fish but since I was just wading and did not have my canoe I could not get otu to him.  I was so disgusted. 

Hog master it was good to meet you man.  Hopefully I will see you out there again sometime.  Usually I am in a red coleman canoe but I was in a rush yesterday.

I have to get as much fishing in between now and August 9th as I can...

HogMaster

• Largemouth
Tx- Nice work man!  I broke off a nice fish in the weeds last night too- that is the first bass I have ever broken off.  It felt like a really nice fish but since I was just wading and did not have my canoe I could not get otu to him.  I was so disgusted. 

Hog master it was good to meet you man.  Hopefully I will see you out there again sometime.  Usually I am in a red coleman canoe but I was in a rush yesterday.

I have to get as much fishing in between now and August 9th as I can...

Let me know next time your going out and you welcome on my boat!

Bassinkorea

• UB Nightshift
  • CM Chief Community Diplomat
  • UB for life - UB Life Member
Let me know next time your going out and you welcome on my boat!

HM, you are always showing great hospitality and sportsmanship with your boat fishing offers, I just wish I was about 6000 miles closer.....I'd love to join you  ~c~
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

bferg_80002

• UB Member
Thanks HM..I would love to go with you.  I don't have much drop shotting experience so I would love to learn from you.  BTW: your boat is an awesome rig for Quincy.  You can get that thing moving!

HogMaster

• Largemouth
Thanks HM..I would love to go with you.  I don't have much drop shotting experience so I would love to learn from you.  BTW: your boat is an awesome rig for Quincy.  You can get that thing moving!

Anytime!  Yes I set this boat up for all the No wake and Electric motor lakes!  Big motor to get out of the nasty storms and to get to the spots quick!!  The way I learn Drop Shotting is to only take you drop shop setup and stick with it! I wasn't a fan of it when my cousins taught me.  But after convincing myself to give it a fair shake it is a great way to locate fish and it works on everything! Bass, Trout, Perch & Walleye!  I will show you my setup I use a different hook than the drop shot one.  I use 8lb test with a size 2 offset worm with a 3/16oz drop shot XPS weight.  Works great!  But Split shotting is working wonders these last 2 weeks for good numbers of fish!! Well hit me up on a PM and I will hook you up with my #.

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB