Heavy cover

Started by -Shawn-, August 28, 2007, 09:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Shawn-

How are the heavy spinnerbaits coming along?

I sure could use some 1oz for fishing these ledges in 15- 20 ft of water.  ;)

Steve_W

O YA  a slow rolled Heavy Cover Spinner bait   ;)
summer creek ledges  ~c~

-Shawn-

I talked to Eric, and they are ready to go!!!!  3/4 oz , 1 oz and 1.5 oz !!!! these will be bullet head hidden weight style.  They are not listed on the site so you will have to shoot him a PM.  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Steve_W

Take a pic of them and put it up here so I can SEEEEEEE

Heavycover

Thanks Shawn!

These baits came out really great.  I had a really good experience working with a custom caster to design and build these molds and they came out perfect.  Here are a couple pics:

They are 1.5 - 1 - 3/4oz L - R

Also here are a few custom colors I have made recently that are not on the site.

Red Belly Bream

Pink Talapia

Texoma Bream

Light Green Talapia

Purple Green Talapia

Dark Green Talapia

Bluegill

-Shawn-

:o :o :o :o  Wow those are some sweet looking colors.  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Team KaRu

Great stuff Eric!  You bring the lure industry up a notch!  ~c~
PB: 10.3 lbs - Lake Fork

OCBassman

Those are some great lookin Baits.   ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

-Shawn-

Can't wat for mine to get here so I can post some  ;PHO).   ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Fish_myster

what colors you prefer Eric (HC)? I like to ask the maker himself of his choice go to top 3.

Shawn which colors did you like? top 3
  Proud Father of an American Soldier 
Proud Grandfather of 6!

-Shawn-

HMMMm , I have quite a few of Erics colors.  Let me run and get the box out of the boat and compare to his website to see what he calls them.

BRB

-Shawn-

Ok the ones I fish the most are....( Drumroll).....  chartruse white and blue, scale, Chartruse scale, and Yellowjacket. I really like the yellow jacket it sems to catch fish no matter if they are feeding on shad or bluegill. The scale and whaite scale are killer shad imatation, and they are what I ordered in most of the 1 to 1.5 oz baits.   I have a couple of new colors coming and I will let you know about them.... I am sure they are going to be killer.  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Fish_myster

thanks shawn, i'm gearing up for a trip to land between the lakes ky, NE Barkley lk
i know it has deep drops off points/shelves these heavy ones look real good
Proud Grandfather of 6!

-Shawn-

I would think that the white scale and yellowjacket would be great choices!!!!

Fish_myster

have you seen the bleeding white scale or the bleeding yellowjacket?
they look real nice too. will the ones you suggest be good Fall colors? 2nd week of Oct might be pattern changing time in that area of Ky.
Proud Grandfather of 6!

-Shawn-

The white scale should be good to go!! Fish should still be feeding up on shad. Eric has some colors that arent on hi site yet too. I am getting some of them this week and will post some pics!!

Heavycover

Quote from: Fish_myster on September 04, 2007, 10:44:49 PM
what colors you prefer Eric (HC)? I like to ask the maker himself of his choice go to top 3.

My favorite three are Lousiana Craw, Chart Scale, and gold.  The craw color has won me more money than all the rest combined though.

Thanks

-Shawn-

Hmmmm, I really like the bluegill and the texoma bream, I think I need to place another order.  ;) 

~shhh ~shhh ~shhh  Don't tell my wife.  ;D

Fish_myster

I hear you ol'buddy, the baitmonkey is creepin around  ~shade
thanks for the advice guys.
Proud Grandfather of 6!

sillybass

Quote from: shawnrg33 on September 05, 2007, 12:50:47 PM
  Hmmmm, I really like the bluegill and the texoma bream, I think I need to place another order.  ;) 

~shhh ~shhh ~shhh  Don't tell my wife.  ;D

She probably wont mind, just dont ask her if she has seen them when they come up missing.  :roll2: :roll2: :roll2: ~roflmao ~roflmao :roll2: ~roflmao :roll2: ~roflmao