Set The Hook Already

Started by OCBassman, September 16, 2007, 08:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCBassman

Ok so I went out to Wal-Mart this morning and on the way home decided to stop at the little pond in my complex.  It was overcast and there was a light breeze. So I decided to take out my flippin stick and make a few casts before I was missed >:D .  Well on my sixth cast or so I get a Smashing hit. You know so hard it almost pulls the rod out of your hand.   Well I was lets say a little slow on the uptake and finally just started reeling. You all know the results a couple cranks and nothing.  Made a few more casts and nothing else hits and I gotta get home.   That is it.  I almost had my first Bass on my Flipping stick with a Jig and Trailer.  Better luck next time.

Roy Hightower

Bassinkorea

I know how you feel, I don't fish jigs very often because of the confidence thing, but last Saturday I was fishing and I flipped a KaRu Orange Crawfish poison tail jig with a black GY hula grub trailer under a tree and just like you, I had a slamming bite but missed the fish  :bang :bang but that give me a little better confidence with jigs  ;D
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

tmiller2

we all know that feeling....better luck next time
"the vibrashock?.....its like crack for fish"

Fish_myster

:bang :bang hate when that happens, sometimes staying focused is not so easy
  Proud Father of an American Soldier 
Proud Grandfather of 6!

scatch1