First fish off the dropshot. 8 day streak.

Started by Jigshot, September 25, 2007, 08:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigshot

Yes, I finally got my first fish, 2 actually, off of the dropshot. AND my first in a long time off of the spinning setup. It's ridiculous how many fish I have missed on that thing, now I am finally getting good with it. That's a big self accomplishment there. lol. But, on to the fish. New spot right by a cove and a dock. So I decide to throw the dropshot, thanks to everyone who posted tips on the dropshot. First cast I get a nice 15" 1 1/2 pounder. Then my friends show up and we fish for a while, then I decide to go to the other side of the bank, this bank is filled with unstable rocks and grassy hills, so I get some bites, I estimate this fish at about 14 or 15". I hook him and carefully make my way down the bank but then I start to slide and the fish gets off, so I missed that one on a watermelon red finesse worm on the shaky head. Oh, caught the first on the dropshot with a watermelon red finesse worm. Then after a while it starts to get dark, then these annoying kids in my grade who were loud and excessively cussing and raising hell finally leave. So me and my friends are working around the dock. I work a junebug/red finesse worm slowly on the dropshot. Jiggle it like crazy. and catch another 15" 1 1/2 pounder. So all in all great experience. Hope you enjoyed reading about my day. Sorry no pics.
OH! And I'm also on a streak right now. 24 bass in 8 days. Avg.= 3 bass a day. Not bad  ;D and I go fishing every single day.
Catchin' the pigs.

tmiller2

sounds like a nice streak your on....keep it up...and get some  ;PHO) haha
"the vibrashock?.....its like crack for fish"

Bassinkorea

Here's a way to spice up your drop shot. Instead of using a drop shot weight, use a jig and trailer......that way you have double the chance of catching fish  :-* :-*
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

stratos77

This time of year I throw a double drop shot.  6 inch robo worm on the bottom hook and a 4 inch body shad on the other.  I get several doubles. 

Only downside is you have to retie more often and a lot of line twist.  I have only been broke off once but I still got the fish in on the top hook.

Lipripper

Basscountry all right  ~c~ ~c~ Hope to see some  ;PHO) and I've never tried dropshotting yet. Heck there's a lot of Bass fishing stuff I havn't tried yet  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet