Tough day on the water

Started by OCBassman, October 01, 2007, 08:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCBassman

Finally got to get out fishing sunday.  My father picked me up and we decided to try a lake we haven't fished. So we went to Lake Delavan in Wisconsin.  Well needless to say it was tough. The wind was blowing pretty good and the fish weren't biting. I threw a Vibraspin, a spinnerbait, Several different worms and tubes and nothing. I threw a Black Buzzbait most of the day and had a huge smallmouth hooked up for about 3 seconds before she spit the hook. I switched to a 3/8oz Poison tail jig in the orange craw pattern and had 2 hits but failed to connect. Went back to the Buzzbait as the wind really started to pick up and caught our only fish of the day. A 24" Northern. So we decided to head back to the other side of the lake and do some walleye fishing. Well when we got there the lake was rolling with 2 to 3 footers and we were soaked so we decided to call it a day. Like I said tough day but still better than work.

Here is a pic of the Northern. I was trying to get the UB logo in the pic but it was hard to hold the fish get the pic and keep the boat from blowing into shore.

Creel Limit Zero

Yeah, they are tough to hold, watch out for those teeth.  Must have been a nice blowup on the buzz bait.   ~c~

Bassinkorea

Good job  ~c~ ~c~ and like you said "a tough day but still better than work".
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Lipripper

basser that's a nice looking no Bass  lo lo Nice looking Pike they are fun to catch too. Sounds like a tuff day on the water with all the wind and waves  ~sweat

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

tmiller2

sounds like a tough day but that pike prob made it worth while
"the vibrashock?.....its like crack for fish"