Pyramid Lake takes a bad hit...

Started by Da FISHINKING, April 08, 2005, 12:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da FISHINKING

Notice:  Pyramid Lake is closed until at least mid-April for cleanup of a oil spill from a Pacific Energy Partners pipeline.  Fortunately, most of the oil is bottled up with booms in one narrow peninsula of the lake, which will hopefully limit long-term damage to the lake.  We share your concerns about the beauty of this lake - you can keep up with news on the cleanup effort here.

They are saying it may even be longer from the DFG Wardens people have talked too, a true bummer because this is a great lake for LMB and SMB  :'(
So. Cal Bass Wrangler
B.A.S.S. Member
BassArmy Member
Sponsors: www.sqwormtackle.com www.harttackle.com www.ambushlures.com www.persuaderlures.com

Mike Cork

Sorry to hear that, this is a great fishery I hope they have controlled it as well as they think they did. Keep us posted

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Da FISHINKING

PYRAMID: Lake is still closed due to oil line spilling 126,000 gallons of oil into the lake. Tentative opening is the end of the month.
So. Cal Bass Wrangler
B.A.S.S. Member
BassArmy Member
Sponsors: www.sqwormtackle.com www.harttackle.com www.ambushlures.com www.persuaderlures.com

rchapp

The lake is now open, no concessions.

it's already getting folks back on, and of course we have our friendly chummers with the cut bait catching loads of stripers.

polite people though, they were offering anyone who came by some free fish since they were over their limit....

i guess it takes all kinds....
tight lines

Mike Cork

It's very good to see the lake open back up ~c~ and I guess it didn't hurt the fish population to much if folks can catch more than the limit :-* Any word on the Bass Fishing yet?

rchapp make sure you check out the Tuesday Contest thread  ;) ,  you were one of the 10 winners ~c~

http://ultimatebass.com/lbf/index.php/topic,3704.465.html

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

pvefisherman

hi. i am a new member of the Bass Club. Im 15 and i love to fish for all types of bass. I am just wondering how lake pyramid is doing. I also need to know if its open. I also need to know a couple more things
                                   . tips on were to fish for largemouthbass and smallmouth bass
                                    . what types of lures to use for LMB and SMB 
                                     .how deep or shallow those types of bass are in
                        Thank you for reading this note because i am going there on August 23 or 24 or 25 .. Any tips or information would be useful. Thank you.
                                 -- Michael