Bass Tournaments in Eastern SD

Started by brad515, January 11, 2008, 10:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad515

Was looking for some help on if there are any bass tournaments in or around eastern South Dakota, especially Lake Poinsett. Would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks and stay warm until the sun shines again.

Brad

brad515

You boys in south dakota need to get on board here, I can't beleive there are no bass tornaments during the summer months up there. If there aren't why don't you start one.

If there are bass in MN surely there are some in SD. Ok, how about this, are there bass in lake poinsett? or just those dang fish with teeth?

52 people viewed this post surely one out of 52 know something.

ron91462

only smallies in the lake, State record smallie was caught this yr there>>>

ileddog

Me and some friends just talked about this yesterday.  I am not aware of any bass Tourneys in eastern South Dakota.  Another good forum site is NODAKOUTDOORS.  It is more focused on the Dakotas.  Poinsett does have smallies, no Largemouth to speak of though. If I hear of a Bass tourney I will be sure to post it on here.  There are some great Largemouth lakes in NE South Dakota.  The problem with this area is there are too many hardcore Walleye guys and the ole Bass get forgotten, even cused at.  LOL.  Feel free to get ahold of me on NODAK and keep in touch.  I think Im 1 of 20 bass fisherman in NE South Dakota.  We are few and far between.

swedesbrew

heh northeasterner.  good to see a few sd bass anglers around.  im from down in the winner area in southcentral part.  we got some dynamite fishin here.  been wanting to take a trip north and try to catch some glacier bass.  your spawn should be a little later as ours is wrappin up.  any good places.  heard horseshoe, carthage, lynn,?  rather catch largemouth  but dont mind smallies either.   ~cf

as far as bass tourneys, we have them here all the time.  there are three open bar tourneys that are always fun.  plus club tourneys and stuff.  pm if you are really interested in tourney deal.