WHAT IS THE BEST FLUOROCARBON LINE???

Started by Colorado Bass Man, February 10, 2008, 04:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado Bass Man

In your opinion what is the best fluorocarbon line?

I will be using it on my Team Diawa Exceler baitcast reel with a 6'6" MH Berkley lighting rod. I fish in GIN clear water for largemouth bass in and around brush piles or huge rock dams with a MegaStrike Evolution jig and a zoom super chunk pig. So, I need a line with great abrasion resistantance, awesome knot strength and superior castability. Which Fluorocarbon line would be the best for me?  :help:

Thanks in advance,

Aaron
Thanks St. Croix rods, Sportsmans Warehouse, Ranger boats, Quantum, Stanley Jigs, Rat-L-Trap and Flambeau.

Jigman2

Esox Rods Prostaff
Swann Lake Properties
Kikapoo Bait & Tackle
Southeast Region Texas B.A.S.S. Federation Nation Tournament Director

J B

Well you are going to get a hundred different answers to that question but in that gin clear water I would use 10lb line in what ever brand of fluorocarbon line you pick.The best thing to do is find out what brand you like for yourself.I like the new Berkley Trilene 100% fluorocarbon Professional Grade line

fishing4fun

OCBassman

Darkman/Erick Prado

Quote from: Jerkbait78 on February 10, 2008, 05:41:54 PM
Well you are going to get a hundred different answers to that question but in that gin clear water I would use 10lb line in what ever brand of fluorocarbon line you pick.The best thing to do is find out what brand you like for yourself.

I like Triple fish floro. for the price you pay its the best. Ive never had any problems with it at all...I got nothing but praise for it

Rods, reels, line.....what ever it is, the term "best" is always subjective

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewfluorocarbontest.html

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewfluorocarbon2.html

here is a link that Tackle tour did on many different brands of floro.

it was good but it also didn't really answer what line was the best...check it out for your self
Erick Prado...Peace

kickurbass

The Sunline Brand has gotten really amazing reviews.
Fishing memories with dad.
NOTHING BEATS IT!

surveyor13

Pline Halo.  Bass Pro never again.  Spooled up my Deep Diving Cranker rod with 10lb. Bass Pro and after half an hour it looked like someone had run there knife down it and and turned it into string cheese.  I checked all of my line guides for nicks and found none.  Re-spooled with PLine Halo and never looked back.

Jerrod

AJ

bought some vanish

TOTAL JUNK as far as i am concerned, bought several rolls in different sizes  all of it breaks too easy for me and also frays after about 30 casts

Jigman2

I have used many differant types of fluorocarbon line, and by far the p-line halo 100% floro has performed the best.
Regardless of what you buy don't skimp spend some money on your floro, it's the most important link between your rod and the fish. I don't think you will be disappointed with Halo, I recently fished it in a tournament and practice on Sam Rayburn, and only retied 3 times in 4 days of fishing! once on tournament day, it's tough,abrasive resistant and very strong. I caught fish up to 6 pounds on 6# test halo and had no problems.

~b~ it's a no brainier for me ~c~ ~fff

Jigman2
Esox Rods Prostaff
Swann Lake Properties
Kikapoo Bait & Tackle
Southeast Region Texas B.A.S.S. Federation Nation Tournament Director

Todd

I personally love the strength and durability of P-Line.

Ron Fogelson

Just_Old_Fisherman

Have used the BPS XPS with no problems.  Now really like the Vicious, low low memory, VERY good price for a Fluoro.
aka: links_man2

tmiller2

"the vibrashock?.....its like crack for fish"

Bassinkorea

My favorite so far has to be P-Line Flurocarbon.

Good knot strength and low in memory  ~c~
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

bman13

livetofish

Colorado Bass Man

I've herd a lot of good things about P-LINE HALO and I'm wondering if I should get it for my baitcaster?

I would use 20 pound line for brush pile fishing, is there anytinhg better for my style?
Thanks St. Croix rods, Sportsmans Warehouse, Ranger boats, Quantum, Stanley Jigs, Rat-L-Trap and Flambeau.

J B

Quote from: Colorado Bass Man on February 19, 2008, 12:47:46 PM
I've herd a lot of good things about P-LINE HALO and I'm wondering if I should get it for my baitcaster?

I would use 20 pound line for brush pile fishing, is there anytinhg better for my style?
[/quote

You said....."I fish in GIN clear water for largemouth bass in and around brush piles"...So do I and I would not use line over 14lb in that clear water.I use 10lb most of the time.

ronnieboren

was thinging of posting this very same ?,but noticed some had already taken care of that for me.Have only used one line,vanish, as a leader line for carolina rigs on Pickwick lake(my home lake).It has done an ok job so far but am going to put some on my smally rod,spinning reel.What would be a better choice for this?P-line or Seagar? or are all of these to stiff for my application?
thanks for the imput,Ronnie

TightLinez

Ive had luck with P-Line Flouroclear- it has all the characteristics of flouro and the knot strength of mono. Thinking I might try the new Vicious flouro this year.

burglure

I have tried to the YO-Zuri fluro line and it works pretty well.  I just spray real magic on a towel and run my line through it while spooling it on the reel and that makes a difference.

joe c

Seaguar Carbon Pro
The best line I have tryed and have it on all my reels.
2nd choice would be P-Line
I'm going to give the Halo a shot
Friends don't let friends fish Plez!
08 198VX Ranger comanche w/200 Opti

TightLinez

Quote from: burglure on February 20, 2008, 07:30:47 AM
I have tried to the YO-Zuri fluro line and it works pretty well.  I just spray real magic on a towel and run my line through it while spooling it on the reel and that makes a difference.

Good idea. You oughtta post tht in the tips and ideas forum. ;)

Colorado Bass Man

thanks guys, I've decided to buy some P-line Halo and Seaguar invizx.

Aaron