anyone else modifying jon boats?

Started by AJ, February 18, 2008, 09:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJ

am looking for some fresh ideas on how to further modify my  14 ft alum jon boat. anyone else doing any modifications or upgrades they would like to share??? i am open to all suggestions (cept sink it)

BASSINNMS

i got a 16ft jon boat and about 2 years ago me and my dad "fixed it up".  We put in carpet and built a deck on the front of it and put in swivel seats.  The thing i like most about it is that we fixed it up where the battery is under the front deck.  We drilled 2 holes in the deck and put 2 little bolts through it and and hooked the batteryto it from the bottom.  Now to charg all i gotta do is hook up the charger to the top side of them bolts and i can just hook the trolling motor to it and the battery is out of the way.

Creel Limit Zero

I completely decked out a 15 foot jon boat, include a switch to flip between two sets of batteries to run my 24V 80 pound Pro Maxxum and 1 more batteries to run both depth finders and aerator for the live well.  Decking runs from the front of the boat all the way to 12 inches from the back of the boat.  Have three batteries in the back, 2 in the front.  On board chargers for all batteries, just have to plug in when I get home.  Of course, two seats and swivels too.  Turned out real good in my opinion.  Did this a couple of years ago, meant to put some pics on here, never have took any.  Have to do that one day...

It is a bit heavy, with 2 people on it, we are over load by a couple hundred pounds over...   ~sweat

AJ

;PHO) ;PHO) ;PHO) speak a thousand word!!!  post them pics folks!

Creel Limit Zero

Quote from: ho_shi on February 19, 2008, 04:26:59 PM
;PHO) ;PHO) ;PHO) speak a thousand word!!!  post them pics folks!
I know, I know.  I'll try to get some up this weekend...

OHRiverRat

i built a jack plate for my 14 foot aluminum. the dummy that put it together put a long shaft motor on a short shaft transom, and i was too young to know the difference when i bought it.
me and a buddy had a design in mind to go after but we completely scraped it when we found the material that we used. i got 7" of lift and 4" of setback!!
ill work on pics for ya
Optimum Baits Pro Staff     http//www.optimumbaits.com