Tungsten. How many of you guys use it, and how much do you pay??

Started by AlluringBaits.Com, February 20, 2008, 11:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlluringBaits.Com

I'm looking into getting some tungsten bullet wieghts in bulk.     Where do you all buy them.  What do they look like?   Pics?               Any info would be great.   

b
Brent Bollinger - www.alluringbaits.com

Just mention your UB name at checkout to...
....recieve a FREE gift with EVERY order.
....support Ultimate Bass ($) with EVERY order.

-Shawn-

Ron Fogelson

I don't use them very often, mostly get the bigger weights in 3/4 1 and 1.5 ounce size for punching grass.

Best price I've found locally is BPS and the run right around $6.00 for two 1/2 and for one 3/4 or 1 ounce weight and $6.49 for per weight for the 1.24 and 1.5 ounce size.

Would love to see them for less   ~xyz

On-line I like Delo's price and assortment - http://www.deloscustomtackleshack.com/hooksweights.html

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: shawnrg33 on February 20, 2008, 11:08:40 AM
I use the Parasite weights in tungsten. 

I love Parasite, but have had issues with the durability of the clip on the tungsten; one side of the clip keeps coming undone from the weight.   :(

-Shawn-

I had that problem with an earlier order but haven't had it in a while.

Ron Fogelson

Mike Noble

I just started using tungsten and get it at bass pro.  Have no idea what I paid.
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

T1A

I only sell the Penetrator weights at my store.  I know what I buy them for and I sell them for $5.99 /pkg  Honestly the 3/4, 1, and 1 3/8 ounce pkgs I can't keep in stock.  Whats funny is people complain about the price but will throw $50 worth of sinkers up on the counter.  lo

Chris

Use the Bass Pro XPS brand and pay a little less than a buck apiece for 3/16ths oz weights .

There are some bulk sources online  and Im waiting on one of them to email me back Brent . I will forward his prices when I recieve them.

Creel Limit Zero

Sure would like to hear about a place you can order bulk... 

T1A

BPS weights are shaped totally different and are not coated with the "slickery" coating like the Penetrator weights.  I have tried both and honestly the Penetrator weights are the best for MY purposes.

AlluringBaits.Com

thanks for the info guys.

the ones i'm looking into would be about 1-4 dollars each, up to 1.5 ounces.    the best i've found so far.  have to make sure there's market for them too!       

b   

Chris

GotstaFish

[Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

bass1cpr

I've been using the Bass Pro Brand tungsten weights 1/8 and 3/16 run about 5.49 a pack 1/4's run about the same but only 4 to a pack.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

Tritonrob

I use lead when practicing but use tungstun in the tourneys.  Last year I used either Tru tungstun or the Excaliber because I got deal on E-bay on them.

Warpath

I use the Tru Tungsten weights because I like to match a painted head to my plastic bait.  I opt for the Excalibur brand drop shot weights however, basically because I had issues with the BPS weights falling off on casts. 

All tungsten weights seem to be about $1 or $1.25 per weight.

Eric

Bassblazen

Quote from: T1A on February 20, 2008, 05:02:23 PM
BPS weights are shaped totally different and are not coated with the "slickery" coating like the Penetrator weights.  I have tried both and honestly the Penetrator weights are the best for MY purposes.

I've used Penetrator weights they are great when fishing grass or any other type area's.
Penetrator weights  ~c~ ~c~ A Proud Sponsor of the Anacoco Lion's Bass (Open) Tournament

AlluringBaits.Com

Quote from: Warpath on February 21, 2008, 07:27:13 AM
I use the Tru Tungsten weights because I like to match a painted head to my plastic bait.  I opt for the Excalibur brand drop shot weights however, basically because I had issues with the BPS weights falling off on casts. 

All tungsten weights seem to be about $1 or $1.25 per weight.

Eric

A two pack of the larger sizes is in excess of 10 bucks minimum.     Bass Pro charges 13.99 a two pack.   Maybe i'm looking in the wrong places.   

b

bassman3812

I know this topic is is old but I just found BulkTungsten.com...prices seem to be about the best out there...got to buy larger quantites though.   I placed an order and will let you guys know what I think.

AlluringBaits.Com

thanks for the info, but i posted this to inquire about the market (to sell tungsten).   not really to buy it.

good link though.

b