.::Alexa Toolbar::.

Started by MotherNature, July 30, 2004, 12:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared LeBlue

Ardent Prostaff

Mike Noble

Okay.....we now have a new number....

Steadily climbing the ladder....only 4,523 away from getting below 50,000.
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

docwaldo

do you have to have some kind of administrative authority to see where we are??  i downloaded the alexa toolbar but i do not know how to get to that number noble is referring to. 

drop it deep and yank it hard. . .

doc ;D

Siggy by DundeeMike
CATFISHERMEN HAVE STIFFER RODS!!
doc  :)

MotherNature

Doc,
if the Alexa toolbar is showing at the top of your browser window there should be a number that is right in the middle. That number will change everytime you visit a different website and it is the Alexa Ranking of that site. It is right next to the Info. Button... Did ya' find it?

Laurie

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

docwaldo

i am actually at work right now--i will look when i go to my folk's house tonite.  thanks!!

Siggy by DundeeMike
CATFISHERMEN HAVE STIFFER RODS!!
doc  :)

Mike Noble

Just in time for the pool party....a reason to party...we broke 50,000...HOORAY, YIPPEE, YAHOOOOO (oh yeah, they are who we are after), GREAT JOB EVERYONE.

Our new number is 49,386
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

MotherNature

OMG

That is so cool!

I can't believe it! We broke the 50,000 mark!

This is all because of our GREAT members that have downloaded the toolbar and have it on their browser!

Thank you,
Laurie

Ranger375

What I found interesting is that in the last 90 days the site has risen...  129,193 places...153% growth.  Very impressive!  ;)  I wrote a review on the site at Alexa...there is only one other review that I could find...would be nice to have more reviews.
"It Ain't all the things that we don't know that causes all the trouble...it's all the things that we DO know that ain't so!"

Jared LeBlue

Don't stop there, let's try to get inside 25,000.
Ardent Prostaff

Mike Noble

I had written a review quite a while back.  More reviews would be great.

Inside 25,000  ??? ....we are not stopping until we kick Yahoo out of 1st... ;D
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Mike Noble

Hang on...we are moving again.

New number ------- 46,065

Everybody ahead of us should be concerned...we are climbing to the top.

~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

MotherNature

Now look you two  :o I already get shit cause I am here at this computer far too long every day. To get to below 25,000 I am gonna need some help! So ya'll better start writing some articles or something so that the ssite can have new and fresh content because that is what helps us grow.....

Mike I don't mind thinking big but lets be reasonable here #1 is a long way off, not that we can't reach it one day, but let's shoot for something that we can reach this year.....

Ranger I thank you very much for the review and I hope that others will do the same. I am very proud of our site not just because we have been growing and improving in rank but because we are building a community here that I hope will last for a long long time to come!

Oh an when this all started I believe that the site was at more like 3,000,000 and that was only back in April 2004, we've come a long way baby!

Laurie

MotherNature

Since we have so many new members that have jsut signed up I would like to again ask that you check out the Alexa toolbar. We are striving to reach a number below 25,000 and I think that with the participation that we are getting here on the forum that should be an easy task!

The toolbar will sit on your browser and it lets you see the ranking of all the sites that you visit. The lower the number the higher the rank is. Alexa monitors the top 5 million websites and we are looking to get a great number. We can do that with your help! Download the Alexa Toolbar today!

Laurie

Mike Noble

Ultimate Bass is moving again up the ladder...new number - 39,634.  Another jump of over 6,000.  I think we will continue to move with all the new members and everyone posting.  Thanks everyone.
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

MotherNature

I am just amazed at the rate that we are growing...

Look Ranger! You were right we are still climbing! I hope you see this while you are on vacation ;)

Thanks everyone I really appreciate all of you that have downloaded the toolbar and have it visible while you are surfing. It really helps us out!!!

Tight Lines,
~cf
Laurie

Jared LeBlue

So what's going to come first the 10,000th post or the ranking of 25,000? :o
Ardent Prostaff

MotherNature

Honestly I hope it is the 10,000 post ;) I am not sure how long it is going to take to get to an Alexa page rank of 25,000. I do know that it seems like everytime I add new features to the site or we add new content like articles it seems to help us rank a little higher....

Laurie

DAWG

Just went and down loaded it.

dawg

Mike Cork

Thank You Dawg, with everyones help Ultimate Bass will continue to climb in the rankings on the World Wide Web.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Mike Noble

We should get a new rating on Friday, maybe...they didn't put them out this past Friday.  I believe the 10,000th post will come first and it ain't far away.
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Jared LeBlue

We have another week like last week and we will hit 10,000 by at least next Wednesday, if not sooner. 
Ardent Prostaff

MotherNature

I really think that it will be Friday or Saturday before we reach the 10,000 post. Our average posts per day is only about 110. Maybe we will get lucky and they will both happen on the same day ;)

Ok so let me ask you this? Once we have a ranking of under 25,000 and we have 10,000 posts what is the next goal?

Mother Nature

Mike Noble

I agree that it will be at least Friday or Saturday before number 10,000.  I think it might take a few more weeks to reach the 25,000 rating.

The next goal for posts is 50,000.

The next goal for rating....I have told you already...I want to kick Yahoo's but t out of 1st place.

And another goal is 1,000 members.
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

MotherNature

QuoteThe next goal for posts is 50,000.

That's no little goal Mike, that is going to take about ummmm a YEAR  :o but if that is what you want to shoot for that is great I was thinking more alone the lines of uhu maybe 20,000 or 25,000  :D

QuoteThe next goal for rating....I have told you already...I want to kick Yahoo's but t out of 1st place.

Ok I want to be around when the new goal is reached and I think it might just take a little while to reach #1. Of course there is no sence in having a goal concerning ranking if the ultimate long term goal is not to be #1. I think that the next goal should be something like 10,000. Here I am talking about our next ranking goal and we haven't even reached the 25,000 mark yet  :-[

QuoteAnd another goal is 1,000 members.

Ok Mike, short term goals buddy short term, you know the ones that you can reach within a month or two... I think that reaching 1000 members at this rate is going to take us about another 3+ years....

Mother Nature

Mike Noble

On the goal of 50,000 posts.  I agree it could take a year.  However, with the number of new members and the increasing posts each day...it could be sooner.  I can handle taking it 10,000 posts at a time.

Number 1 rating...if you are going to have a goal...number 1 would be it.  Once we reach 25,000....we will have to reevalute.

Looking at the growth of in members over the last 2 plus months...I don't think it will take but about 1 year to reach 1,000 members.  We are only 15 away from 400.  If we can get 100 every 2 months...which could be a goal then 1,000 would only be one year away.

My personal goal:  short term - wake up in the morning; long term - RETIRE (and that ain't too long).
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM