.::Alexa Toolbar::.

Started by MotherNature, July 30, 2004, 12:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silversalmon

I really think it depends on the day of the week  lo And whether or not it is cloudy

United States Air Force 1994-present

MotherNature

It all depends on how many of the people that are visiting the site have  the Alexa Toolbar... ;)

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

Bassfshr4e

i must have jinxed us when i said we would never go the wrong way  :o :) o well we will get there!!
GONE FISHIN!!!

Mike Noble

It looks like we are in a range and bouncing up/down.  I see we got a little better rating...6,532.
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

cmegee

Down a little more again today.
come one everyone download that toolbar.....

MotherNature

Unfortunately the number is going to fluctuate depending on who is looking at the site and I think that My browser plays a big part in that number too because i am usually here all through the day  ::)

Lipripper

And most of the night too  ;) ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Creel Limit Zero

Where can you find this number.  I find this pretty interesting, and think 6,500 ranking of all the sites is quite impressive.   ~c~

Mike Noble

You have to download the alexa software.  Once you do, it shows the information across the top of the page, just below the location bar.  I'll have to get the exact address for the download....I wasn't able to get to alexa the other day.
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Lipripper

Creel Limit Zero

Very cool.  6,539 now.  I checked out Yahoo, that's #1, Ebay was #8.  Pretty coo.

MotherNature

It is pretty cool when you stop to think about how many sites there are out there and that we are #6539 out of millions ;)

I have been reading up on the whole alexa thing, the sites that are listed are all based off of the open directory project which is a very large human edited link directory. That all sounds good except that they use volunteres to edit their information. One of the things that I found was that some of the volunteres will get assigned to a category that is in direct relation to their own site and they will sabatauge the sites of those that they feel are competition for them.

We have had issues that I couldn't figure out from time to time and after reading an in-depth article about alexa I noticed that some of the acts of sabatauge were closley related to the issues that we have had in the past. I guess I should be flattered that someone would want to mess up our alexa rankings but it is really frustrating and there isn't an avenue to follow to get things fixed.

The cool thing is that the site it's self is just getting better every day and it is because of all of the visitors to the site. The alexa rank is a fun tool but please don't put too much stock into it ;)

Lipripper

eye don't Laurie this place will always be great  ~c~ ~c~ no matter what the # on the Alexa Toolbar show because of all the great members we have and because of you and Mike and all the other staff who keep it that way  ~c~ ~c~ and our great sponsors who help support us  ~c~ ~c~

Mike Noble

I see we finally dropped a little after going up for a while.  We really need folks to download the Alexa toolbar to help with the ranking.  It also provides some benefits.
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

MotherNature

Thanks Mike, It would really be appreciated if those of you that are at home from time to time when you visit Ultimate Bass would download the toolbar.

We really got a lot of good press because of the high number of folks here that had Alexa on their browsers ;)

Mike Noble

Since we have had so many new members join up recently, I just wanted to point out that we get really good press from Alexa and folks having the Alexa toolbar.  We normally get new number rankings a couple of times a week.  A little history on this is that we started with some ridiculously high number (in the 100's of thousands) and have worked our way down to our rating number today which is 8,928.  By downloading the Alexa toolbar, it will help our rankings get even better.  This is the link for the download.

Alexa is not spyware and is NOT harmful to your computer.  It does however track the sites that you visit to enable ALEXA to rank the sites according to how much traffic they get. Thanks to everyone that already has it loaded.
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

DAWG

Quote from: Laurie on July 30, 2004, 12:34:24 AM
For those of you that already have the Alexa Toolbar installed on your computer you already know this but it is a very EXCITING day for us! Our page rank is at

A little history for those of you that don't have it already. Alexa ranks the top 5 million or so sites on the internet. A ranking of 5 million is the bottom and suggests that your site gets on average (last three months) less than 25 viewers a day. It works its way up from there and to make it short and sweet we have broke the 100,000 group which was my short term goal! That means the we are getting roughly 1,000 visits a day based on our last three months average.

Here is the bad thing for us! If you don't have the alexa toolbar on your computer your visits dont count towards our totals. If you would like to download the toolbar you can click here and get it   http://download.alexa.com/index.cgi?amzn_id=ultimatebass-20 Help us to break the new short term goal of breaking 50,000 ! That will be close to 3,000 visitors a day!

Tight Line,
~cf
Laurie
Look at the site now,We are at  8,740.  Way to go Ultimate bass Members  :toot: :toot: :toot:

Sharon

WOW, Movin on up!  WAY TO GO!  ~c~

mjluddenjr

LoonyToon

~c~ Yeah, I just did it. I see we are at 8740, but with All my brothers and sisters help We can do better, Please give and help the cause

Keep the Rod Tip up and the Hook Sharp