Cypress - Friday night tournaments

Started by Mike Noble, April 27, 2004, 07:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Noble

I fished Black Bayou.  Had 3 total, two over and one under, 7.46.  I also caught one slot fish, about 5 minutes after I caught the first over which was 10 minutes after the tournament started.  Finished 6th out of 18 boats.  My big fish was 3.98.  I could not get a spinnerbait bite, except for one....and that one was because YOU have jinxed me....about a 5 to 6 pound catfish.  All mine came on soft plastic.  I did hear reports of jig bites and some spinnerbait bites.

Note - they had a drawing for a rod and reel after the weigh-in...donated by Bass Pro.
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Mike Cork

Way cool on the drawing

I see your post of those weights earlier but I thought they were Cross? But I guess that is next week?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Mike Noble

The rod and reel was a really nice combo.  The guy that brought them said the dollar value of the set us $180.00.
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Mike Noble

Fished the tournament tonight (last night) with Nick.  We only caught 4 fish total.  Weighed one over and one under.  First place was 8+ pounds and second was 7+.  They didn't have many boats and only paid 2 places.  Nick and I managed to get big bass - 4.1 pounds.  Caught that fish about 11:45.

Fishing was tough and it got quite chilly before the night was done.
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Mike Noble

Did anyone fish this past Friday night in the Cypress/Black Bayou tournament?  I couldn't make it and was wondering how the fishing went.
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

brushhog22

Hey Mr Noble, I fished the tournament friday night,  I think I talked to you the tournament before last.  We got first in that one with only four fish.  Were you the guy with the big bass?  I'm the young guy in that sketter SX170.  Fishing was better friday than the last tournament.  We caught 11 bass and weighed in 9+ pounds for third place.  Winner had 13+. Second had 12+. The winner came from black bayou.  Hope to fish the labor day tournament.  I think I saw your name in the paper for that reeves tournament, if so, congrats to your high finish.I

Chris

There will be a night tourney on Cypress and Black Bayou this weekend .It has nothing to do with the Benton Bass club..I think its a benefit for Plain Dealing Academy .Im not sure yet if its Friday night or Saturday night but I do know its from 8 pm to 8 am . I will find out which day for sure and post it tomorrow. Im not a night person so dont know if I will make it but just wanted to post this for those who may be interested.

Mike Noble

Brushhog...thanks for the update.  Yep, I was the one with big bass tournament before last.  I remember your winning stringer.  It was tough the last time, so I'm glad it improved for this past Friday night.  Thanks for the congrats on the Reeve's...

I might try the tournament on Labor Day...haven't decided yet.

Thanks again for posting.
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM