2nd Annual Aldeer.com, Toys-4-Tots Fishing Tourney, Lake G-Ville.

Started by CouchTater, May 15, 2005, 02:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CouchTater

5-14-05

The 2nd Annual Aldeer.com Fishing Tourney was held yesterday at the State Park in Guntersville, Alabama.  The conditions at launch was perfect, slight breeze, mostly cloudy and not too hot.   This year, like last year, there was 2 divisions, Bream or Bass.

This way people that want to bass fish can bass fish, others can bream fish.  All the proceeds are donated to the Toys-4-Tots program here in Alabama.  The attendance as far as fishing was down from last year.  The winning team on the Bass Division weighed in 11.11 off 4 fish.  The bream side was won with a stringer of a little over 6 pounds. 

I knew going into this thing that the lake was gonna be super tough.  Reason being that the FLW crew had a tourney at Wheeler lake this week.  I know a person that works the Locks at G-Ville Dam.  Here is a picture of all the boats that he locked thru the other day. 5-11 to be exact.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/284979.JPG

Then around 9:00 yesterday morning, the bueatiful lake reared her ugly side.  3-4ft swells with whitecaps.  All of this came from a south wind that was 5-15mph...  Thats what they predicited, but i think they was stronger.

The conditions on top of the lake getting pounded the past few days made the bite tough.  The only fish that were being caught were caught upriver.

I didnt catch any measuring fish, which disappointed me, but i was thinking, hey its for the kids.   So i went back to the weigh-in rather early.  We got pounded on the way back.  Rough ride for most of the people fishing yesterday.

Did get to see one pro fishing the FLW yesterday.  I was fishing a wind driven point into a cove,  all of a sudden, he was right there next to me.  I didn't see his camera man until he jumped up with that camera on his shoulder.   Had about 3 or 4 observers watching him fish.  I got some quick pic's, but i have to load them to my PC. 

While supper was being prepared, a raffle was started.  After all the prizes was raffled out, the total from the raffle alone was nearly 700.00.   Not counting the entry fee's for fishing.   ~c~  ~c~  ~c~

This is just a drop in the bucket, but the bucket has to be filled...   Fun was had by all, and everyone left with a full belly.  Even the Park Ranger joined us for supper.

There has been discussion and i think that next year we are including a Catfish division too. 

Tater
@BamaBass Twitter
@BamaBass78 Instagram