4/5 and 4/6 quincy bass report

Started by Colorado Bass Man, April 06, 2008, 07:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado Bass Man

went to quincy Saturday, then again on sunday.

water is 50 in the middle and 57-58 in the shallows.

SATURDAY: caught 7 total, 5 largemouth and 2 smallmouth, the largemouth came on jigs in brush between 3 and 12 feet then the 2 smallmouth were caught on red lipless cranks. I caught a nice fat female largemouth that was 3.10 and 18.5" then another fat smallmouth that was 3.6 and 17".

SUNDAY: caught 5 total, 4 smallmouth and 1 largemouth, the smallies came of the dam on a red crankbait and so did thelonesome largemouth. The highlight of the weekend was that I caught a 19" smallmouth that was 4.3.

hit me up and we can fish quincy together, i most of the time am alone and can use a partner who is able to fish A LOT!!!
Thanks St. Croix rods, Sportsmans Warehouse, Ranger boats, Quantum, Stanley Jigs, Rat-L-Trap and Flambeau.

TxT

Good job CBM.  I'm hoping to get out there one of these days... maybe this week.  Do you get out during the week any?

BTW, is a "lipless crankbait" basically a Rat-L-Trap kinda lure?

Tx

Colorado Bass Man

Yeah, i was out monday, tuesday, thursday and friday. i caught a bunch of fish last week, they made me work for em though. maybe we can get out together some time soon.

yeah, i was using a red Rat-L-trap.

Aaron
Thanks St. Croix rods, Sportsmans Warehouse, Ranger boats, Quantum, Stanley Jigs, Rat-L-Trap and Flambeau.

k0diak

"The only thing better than fishing, is talking about fishing."

Colorado Bass Man

yeah thanks.

I went out today as well and caught 3 more smallmouth. they're locked up tight to the dam. water is still rising in temp and level.