Any ideas on where to catch some fish on Saturday, May 21, 2005.

Started by pilot4net, May 19, 2005, 07:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pilot4net

I am trying to organize a fishing trip for Saturday, may 21. We were thinking about going to Henderson but didn't know what the bite was like right now.  I just got a new boat after going 5 years without one so I am trying to get back into the swing of things again by trying to find where are the places to fish right now.  I went to Calcasieu river yesterday (May 18) and put in at White Oak park.  The water looked really muddy, couldn't see but about 4 inches under the water.  We fished a few cuts south of the landing and one north of it and only picked up one good size white perch.  So if anyone could help me out with Henderson I would appreciate it. We usually put in at Henderson.  Also, where would some productive spots be in Henderson? I've fished there a few times but still not very fluent with it yet. Everyone's help, advice, or just two cents will be appreciated. BTW, I bought a 2005 Xpress H56 (18'3") with a 115 Yamaha Four Stroke from H & M Marine from Crowley.  They beat everyone's prices on the boat I was looking for. I have fished in several Xpress boats over the years, all of them being a bit smaller and I have been very pleased with them so when I started looking for an aluminum bass boat, I was leaning towards Xpress. I researched them and liked what I saw and decided to purchase one. So far, I am very pleased with it and look forward to getting some fish in the live well. Thanks.
2005 Xpress H56 w/ 115 Yamaha 4-Stroke towed behind a 2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

kw4570gov

pilot4net,

Don't know anything about Henderson, but I am an Xpress owner too. I have a 2000 X-21, 225 Merc and I love it. I will not own another glass boat. I wish I had called H&W Marine before I bought mine found out later I could have saved a good bit of money.

Kent

Rickoos

pilot4net,

Check out the fishing reports under the La. section under Henderson, there are some recert reports there on the fishing and some spots.
I also fish Henderson some, but I don't know any of the names of the spots I fish. I launch out of Cypress Cove Marina and its a nice landing. Maybe we can meet up one weekend and fish.......

Ricky
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,