Birthday Bass fishing! 4-6-78

Started by k0diak, April 07, 2008, 01:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k0diak

Woke up around 5am. Decided to go pond hopping...planned to hit up a couple places up north Denver metro...a couple western Denver metro ponds...and some in south Denver metro...grabbed some breakfast and got on the water around 7am-ish...Fished until 7:30pm..VERY chilly morning with a little breeze.  ::)  ::)

Started off throwing swimbaits (River2sea Kongs...MissionFish...Basstrix)...then mixed in jerkbaits (LC's...Smithwicks)...bass jigs...(Evolutions...StrikeKings...Yabbies) and crankbaits (Spros)...7'6 Guide Series Rod/Team Daiwa Advantage-HSTA(swimbait combo) St. Croix Legend Tournament 6'6 MH/Shimano Calais 200(pitching/jigging) Old School 7ft Competitive Edge Medium Power rod/Shimano Curado 100D(Crankbaits/Spinnerbaits) All spooled up with P-line...Spectrex IV and a CFX Leader for the Swimbaits...P-line Floroclear for the pitchin'...P-line Evolution for the cranks/blades  8)

Here's a few from many caught...All Largemouth.

3.9lbs 18"

4.3lbs 19"

2.4lbs 17"

What a fun b-day!  8)

-k0d-

"The only thing better than fishing, is talking about fishing."

TxT

Happy B-Day.  Nice way to spend the day!  Nice fish but I'm more impressed with the fishing arsenal you've amassed!  Sounds like you need a "fishing" bag, kinda like a golf bag to carry all your "clubs".  ;D

Good job on the bass!

k0diak

LOL the wifey still has yet to see some of my new gear.  ~shhh  :help:

We still need to get out man!

TxT

Quote from: k0diak on April 07, 2008, 06:44:39 PM
LOL the wifey still has yet to see some of my new gear.  ~shhh  :help:

We still need to get out man!

I'm going to check the weather for the rest of the week and will definitely get out one day.  I'm also heading out to the garage to charge the batteries and get the '08 stickers on the boat.  I can feel a Quincy attack coming on... maybe tomorrow.

Let me know if you want to get out this week...

k0diak

Quote from: TxT on April 07, 2008, 08:22:12 PM
I'm going to check the weather for the rest of the week and will definitely get out one day.  I'm also heading out to the garage to charge the batteries and get the '08 stickers on the boat.  I can feel a Quincy attack coming on... maybe tomorrow.

Let me know if you want to get out this week...

The brother-inlaw and i hitup Quincy around the same day this past year...and we KILLED them! Air temp was frigid...but we had the whole lake to ourselves...we caught three fish over 5...a few 4lbers and numerous 3's and 2's that day...gotta get the fishing in soon man...our little one is due anyday now!  :shocking: I'll give u a ring if i can hook-up.  :)

TxT

Quote from: k0diak on April 07, 2008, 10:28:01 PM
The brother-inlaw and i hitup Quincy around the same day this past year...and we KILLED them! Air temp was frigid...but we had the whole lake to ourselves...we caught three fish over 5...a few 4lbers and numerous 3's and 2's that day...gotta get the fishing in soon man...our little one is due anyday now!  :shocking: I'll give u a ring if i can hook-up.  :)

I think I'm going to take the boat out to the Q tomorrow.  Your welcome to ride along or heck you can even drive while I fish! ~cf ;D ;D

k0diak

Quote from: TxT on April 07, 2008, 11:27:03 PM
I think I'm going to take the boat out to the Q tomorrow.  Your welcome to ride along or heck you can even drive while I fish! ~cf ;D ;D

I gotta work man  ???

I'm off Weds. though...it would be some cold fishing but i'm sure we would do good. :)

TxT

Quote from: k0diak on April 08, 2008, 05:08:37 AM

I gotta work man  ???

I'm off Weds. though...it would be some cold fishing but i'm sure we would do good. :)

Want to hit Quincy Wednesday??

HogMaster

Quote from: TxT on April 08, 2008, 09:19:38 AM
Want to hit Quincy Wednesday??

TxT

Going to head out Sunday again I hit it last Sunday water temp was 46 at start and by 3:00 48.  Hit a couple of fish 2-3lb range.  Should start to heat up here soon!  Ofcourse was fishing in Muskie cove and there was a guy and his buddy fishing for the 1st time at the Q.  He was dead sticking a purple worm and I here him screeming what and what do you know he racks a 22" 5.5lb fish and then keeps it! >:( Its the biggest fish he has every caught!! I told him to take a picture and release it, he said what for? ~xyz !  3 weeks until the Salt band is lifted!!!!   T & KOdiak hit me up on PM we can hook up.
HOGS ARE MY BUSINESS!! AND BUINESS IS GOOD!

PaulRoberts

Sounds like a very nice birthday. What is it about birthdays and good bass fishing days? Wonder if there's something to that...Hmmmm...