Beat the Skunk

Started by joe4theavs, April 29, 2008, 10:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe4theavs

Finally beat the skunk.  Had a few bites and decided to pull out a Johnny Motto Cuztum.  The rest is history.  ;D

Haven't been able to get out much this year, but that is going to change real quick.

Time is never wasted, when your wasted all the time!

k0diak

"The only thing better than fishing, is talking about fishing."

HogMaster

Nice Joe! Well if the Avs don't pull there head out of there ~xyz you will have plenty of time to fish!! Hit me up when your ready to go to Quincy! 
HOGS ARE MY BUSINESS!! AND BUINESS IS GOOD!

Basso Profundo

The skunk is dead... did that fish have a messed up tail? pic one looks like it
call me Erik

joe4theavs

The tail was fine, it was just flexing for the camera! 

HogMaster, yea looks like I will have more time to fish since the Avs are dunzo.  I'll hit you up soon!

TxT

Joe,

Is that your favorite pond up off Pecos?

joe4theavs

No this is a different place.  Haven't been out much yet.  Need to make the rounds and report back with status of the ponds.

This one had vegetation on the bottom and clear water.  Not much of any beds as of yet but they have starting cruising around the shore.  Fish hit on the opposite side of bank from where I was in about a foot and half of water.  She was aggressive but spit it out before I could set the hook, but shortly after a quick reel and rod lift she hit it hard.

Decided not to use a jig head or weight of any kind on the 3 hook.  It paid off with the Johnny Motto worm which flexed and moved quite nicely in the water, almost snake like.  Can't wait to get out again.  Did you get some of those from Mottos from DBM?  Though I heard him say you did.

This time of the year each pond seems to progress differently.  I've seen some already with beds and some with little to none. 

Hit me up if you wanna get out sometime.  Should really start to see them females full of eggs soon so get em back in quick!  Fish on and see you out there!

TxT

I did pick up a few bags of the Mottos from DBM.  Mostly unsalted/unscented.  I like the action on these on the shakey heads.  They float great!

Mike Garrett

Nuggets gone, AVs gone, Rockies playing like a bunch of high schoolers...time to go fishing! ~xyz
PPBM Fed Rep, Past Pres