VibraShock- 3/8oz or 1/2oz?

Started by oregonbassman, May 12, 2008, 10:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oregonbassman

I'm about to place a good size second order. I got 3/8oz the first time. Would it be a good idea to get some 1/2oz or stick with the 3/8?  They have been working awesome so far!

Also, recommendations on colors for stained and heavily stained waters?

Dug

I would say get some of the 1/2 oz so you can downsize.  Ya never know.

Dug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

Ron Fogelson

I use the 1/2 ounce mostly myself and like the Black/Blue, Black Cherry and Midnight Madness for night and or heavily stained waters and Xtreme Bluegill, Crigger Craw & OC Shadadelic for stained water.  However my best over all color for me has been Fogy Green,  I know go figure.   lo  But I use that color most, with a bright white trailer it does show up nice in stained water but for night time I will use Black Cherry the most.

Buzbait88

I've had my best luck with 3/8 ounce, but most of the water I fish is under 5ft.  So the 3/8 works perfect for me.  I like to work it close to the surface and I can almost always see the fish strike the bait, which is really cool.  For heavily stained water I really like the black cherry vibrashock.  First year using it and it has worked really well for me. 
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

Lee Smith

I use the 3/8 oz. mainly and match the color with the hatch of the day!  If they are hitting shad, I use Shad, Char and white, or fogy green, if they are feeding on bream, Crigger Craw and Extreme Bluegill.
Crawfish, I use Crigger Craw all the way!

Lee
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

oregonbassman

Thanks for all your input guys. I love how the VibraShocks are performing.....what I hate is trying to decide on which ones to stock up on  lo

Lee...... Thanks for the personal response. I appreciate it!

Lee Smith

Your very welcome Brian and Best of luck!!

Lee
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Buzbait88

Quote from: oregonbassman on May 12, 2008, 06:02:28 PM
Thanks for all your input guys. I love how the VibraShocks are performing.....what I hate is trying to decide on which ones to stock up on  lo

Lee...... Thanks for the personal response. I appreciate it!

good luck with your purchase and remember they are on sale right now.  ;)
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

oregonbassman

Quote from: Buzbait88 on May 12, 2008, 06:18:29 PM
good luck with your purchase and remember they are on sale right now.  ;)

That's why I need the opinions  lo

Bassinkorea

I fish stained water with depths of around 6 foot and have had the best luck with the black cherry in 3/8oz  ;D
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Klowne

one of each... that way your addiction can stay satisfied lol.

Dug

The heavier weight does punch through plants and grass better.

Dug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

ss454

I started off using nothing but the 3/8 and it worked fine until Karl told me the 1/2 oz could do everything the 3/8 could AND could be fished deeper.  He was right and I haven't bought a 3/8 since.  My home lake is VERY muddy and I have good luck on everything from Black Cherry to Blue Shimmer but the color that's boated the most for me is a custom Yellow Bass.  It's a standard YB with some Black Cherry right on the back.  Fogy Green also works well on bright days.  My dad prefers a white/char V-Shock but for me the custom YB does the trick.
If you build a ramp...I will come...