Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Lake Darling fishing report 06 June 08

(Read 3004 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

Will186T

• Smallmouth
Fished lake Darling for the first time ever yesterday water temps were 65-68 and clear. Being it was my first time on the lake I just kinda idled around and watched where the other boaters were running up the lake. I bottom fished for about 2 hrs and got 1 pike to the boat. We noticed no one was fishing on the west side of the lake so we idled over there and found a big rock pile. I've always heard  that smallies like rocks and that is true. We caught 7 in about 30 min on spinnerbaits. For my first trip out in North Dakota it was great.

Will

Set it !! Swings are free !!

firecracker

• Smallmouth
  • "NEVER MET A BASS I DIDN'T LIKE"
       Sweet! Congrats Will, I'm jealous ;D  ~gf  It has been a long time since I fished Lake Darling as a kid back in the late 60's, where my Father was stationed at Minot AFB. That is a fine fishery there, and more great places to fish that you should try; Baker's Bridge, this is a creek type setting with a waterfall, Garrison Dam, deep water with large rocks. Try Google Earth for all the water around the general area, you'll be amazed at all the small waters there are.

And plenty of fish species too!  ;)

Will186T

• Smallmouth
Thanks for the info firecracker I found a good website for locating lakes around here maybe you have heard of it           lake-link.com . It will let you pull up all the lakes by county. I'm looking forward to all of the different types of fishing and hunting. I'm glad to see that someone replied because the last post was last year for North Dakota. ~sweat

Will
Set it !! Swings are free !!

-Bryan-

• Ultimate Basser
Will, you still in the area?
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB