New Procraft Owner

Started by Mikebuzz, June 22, 2008, 08:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikebuzz

Just bought today a 2006 175-Pro with a 115 Mercury Optimax. It has that stock 20 pitch prop.  I haven't had time to water test the boat yet but the previous owner told me it would run about 60. Does this sound about right? Does anyone have pictures of their Procraft boats.

Thanks,
Buzz

OutdoorFrontiers

If the previous owner was basing his speed readings on the in-dash speedometer, I would say that it's possible.  However, boat speedometers are notoriously optimistic (usually high) when compared to actual GPS readings.

I had a SuperPro 190 with a 175 Mercury EFI, 10" setback hydraulic Bob's Machine Shop jackplate and played with props.  I could get about 74 mph out of the boat on a good day.  Sorry to burst your bubble, but ProCraft boats have never been known to be speed machines and are a fairly heavy hull.  I seriously doubt if you'll get 60 from a ProCraft powered by a 115 hp outboard. 

But, on the bright side, you do have a very stable, solid fishing platform that will give you years of service if you take care of it.  ProCraft makes nice boats.

Congratulations on your ride.   ~c~

Steve
Steve Huber OutdoorFrontiersTv

jtalley

I pick up my new Procraft 176DC tomorrow.  Has a Merc 115 Optimax.  Coming out of a Bayliner Cobra 1704FX I've has for 16 years.  Looking forward to that new boat experience again.

Bassman

Same here.  Moved up to the 210 Super Pro with 250 Pro XS.  Picked it up las it week. 2009 model.  Not much was changed to the design but it is still one S W E E T ride...  I have 3.4 hours on it so far and it has touched 75 MPH on the GPS with ease....
Tournament Manager
RAM Open Series
256-230-5627

Lawguy513

I have a 2006 Superpro 200 with 200 Mercury Optimax.  I reached 68 on my GPS with two adult males (combined weight of apx 510), 50 gallons of gas, and a lot of cold weather gear and tackle.  It is a great ride for the price.  Only complaint is the water splash over the rear deck if you do not bring her down right.

txnupe2010

BassMan
Could you tell me how you use the livewell work as far as the switches and levels.
I have two levels for fill and empty and switches for port and starboard.
Does the auto fill work?