Spanish Lake Fishing Report

Started by bassmaster135, June 16, 2005, 04:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassmaster135

Went to Spanish lake today....2 biggest large mouth today were a 4 and 5 punder....lots of 2 pounders and under.......caught 5 punder on a double colorado  blade terrminater spinner bait (chart. and white, brass blades) 4 pounder was caught on a buzzbait on some lilly pads(hit it right when it hit water)..........2 pounders and under were caught on a white bitsy bug bleeding bait jig from strike king with white silver flake finess trailer on logs and suspended trees 8) Have fun guys

Mike Cork

Sounds like an awesome day on the water, good job. Thanks for the update ~c~ Do you know what the water temp was?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

bassmaster135

I got out there arround 8 in the morning it was pretty hot....hot enough to break a sweat. my mom sold boat 6 days ago so i could get new truck(wrecked old one into a big rig that pulled out in front of me) i would say mid 80s when they started to bite. got cloudy out so i started throwin spinner.when i throw i spinner i skip it on top of the water looks like a shade jumpin i got hits after the last skip ill let it fall 3 or 4 feet and thats when i got hits...

Scott Morgan

2005 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
2003 Scott Made Boat :)

Scott Morgan

Oh yeah, awesome report. I bet catching that 4 lber on topwater was cool.

bassmaster135

In New Iberia pretty close to Lafayette

Scott Morgan

Rickoos

I keep getting Spanish Lake and Lake Martin mixed up all the time........I have never fished Spanish Lake but have done pretty good in Lake Martin....

Ricky
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,