Info on X-Press Bass Boats (aluminum 22')

Started by Team KaRu, June 18, 2005, 10:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team KaRu

Sold my STRATOS. Looking to purchase an aluminum boat, why?, because I usually just fish the smaller sized lakes around the Chicago area (no Lake Michigan for me) and I pound the shore line and laydowns so the extra weight of a fiberglass rig to slow down in the wind out on points isn't that big of a factor to me.  Saving $$$ on fuel is becoming a priority tho.  I have a shot at a used Ranger but will be 225hp expensive and 21' fibreglass heavy.   Has anyone out there in boat land own or been on an X-Press 22'?  Haven't owned an aluminum boat so I would like to hear the goods and bads & do's and don'ts.
PB: 10.3 lbs - Lake Fork

dave the dope man

Sorry brother, I really can't help you here. Now there are a few guys who will probably be on later and can tell you a bit more. Now I know a guy that used to have (may still have it- I haven't seen him in a while) a 22 or 21 foot X-Press with a 225 v-max. That dad-gum thing would roll......Good luck, and keep us updated.....Dave the Dope man

Siggy by DundeeMike

Tritonrob

There was a local dealer here who has a very good reputation who use to carry Express.  He stopped carrying them because he jad a lot of problems with the factory, their customer service and the boats over all.  I have a good friend that does boat carpets and he stopped recarpeting them beacuse he did 2 of them and both times when he would take out the wood them would just fold right up.  So not sure if they are better now, but i know I wouldn't buy one.

kw4570gov

I have a 2000 X-21, 225 EFI Merc. I love my xpress, had three glass boats before and will not go back to glass. I have had no problems with my boat. It has tons of storage. I have 6" of setback with 25 pitch tempest plus prop it will run 70 mph by gps with me and all of mine and my sons fishing gear ( 15-20 rods and 4 tackle boxes).

Kent

bass1cpr

Team Illinois: Go to the bass club forum and Look up Steel City Bassmasters.
The Heagster is president of our Club and he has a 21 foot express with a 150 on it. I know he loves his and I'm sure he'd answear any questions you have about them.
     If I could afford one I'd have one. I have a 17 foot Tracker tournament V with a 75 horse fishes great and does good in rough water.
    I just saw a 99 18 foot Tournament V with a 90 horse for sale near me last week I got the phone number if you'd be interested. $8500.00  Motor was a 2000 built by Mercury. I can't afford that one either.  lo
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

Team KaRu

Thanks for the info.  Found a couple 2005's -  x22' for sale from $28k-31K. 
Gonna have to drive to Missouri to look at them... 8 hour drive!

bass1cpr

Team Illinois  Was it at Trout and Son's Boats?
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

Team KaRu

nope,  found the Express website that named a bunch of dealerships and some listed didn't sell a boat in years... Their is a saying a wiseman once taught me  . . . "Pre-view of coming attractions".

IamWill

Had not sold a boat in years dang  ~c~ when you go check them out could you a take a peek at some of their 16-18 foot rigs and get back with some prices would be appreciated ~sweat Thanks ;)

blake711

Iamwill  here is a link to one of the local boat dealers in my area he has a couple listed with prices to give you an idea .. http://www.sundownmarineinc.com/Inventory.asp?Sort=Xpress 

mikesxpress

Quote from: Tritonrob on June 19, 2005, 04:51:51 PM
There was a local dealer here who has a very good reputation who use to carry Express.  He stopped carrying them because he jad a lot of problems with the factory, their customer service and the boats over all.  I have a good friend that does boat carpets and he stopped recarpeting them beacuse he did 2 of them and both times when he would take out the wood them would just fold right up.  So not sure if they are better now, but i know I wouldn't buy one.

No wood in an Xpress. Sorry.
Sponsored by my wallet. (A member of MY WALLET Pro Staff)
NO, I didn't get a free bag of worms, rod/reel, shirt, or hat to say that!
Captain Mike

coldfront

Quote from: Tritonrob on June 19, 2005, 04:51:51 PM

Tritonrob:  interesting...I was under the impression that the Xpress boats were 100% aluminum.  Decking too...

Beagle

Thats a 3 year old post but I would like to add that these boats have not had wood in them since long the name change to Xpress. For those who didn't know, Xpress is the old Alumiweld, There skogan was "The only all weilded aluminu, bass boat" and "You'll find no wood in our boats". He must havo been thinking of another brand like Tracker or sonething.

coldfront

Quote from: Beagle on March 09, 2008, 12:37:38 PM
Thats a 3 year old post but I would like to add that these boats have not had wood in them since long the name change to Xpress. For those who didn't know, Xpress is the old Alumiweld, There skogan was "The only all weilded aluminu, bass boat" and "You'll find no wood in our boats". He must havo been thinking of another brand like Tracker or sonething.

Intersting...not sure how I got onto this thread...guess if I'd have learned to tell dates when I learned how to tell time I would not have had this issue?   ;D

Beagle

Hey cold front, I've done the same thing man.  ~roflmao

coldfront

:embarassed: ;D

always happy when I can elicit a  ~roflmao from another member... ;D

afmarko99

Quote from: IamWill on June 25, 2005, 09:10:08 PM
Had not sold a boat in years dang  ~c~ when you go check them out could you a take a peek at some of their 16-18 foot rigs and get back with some prices would be appreciated ~sweat Thanks ;)

The 18' SV18Bass runs retail at 14,995.  I purchased mine for 13,995 during a boat show.