Who is ready?

Started by BIG PAPA, June 21, 2005, 07:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat26

Well, I did see the weight TC posted from their Grand Bayou tournament earlier in the month and it did not strike fear into our hearts. Our reaction was more like a belly laugh.  I did not know you could catch five bass that small.

Mike Cork

Oh you didn't know, that was a big bass only tournament :shocking: didn't want to sore mouth all of our fish :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Wildcat26

Got to go to lunch then go interview some suspects. At least I have a fun afternoon to past the time.  See ya'll at the Grand ~c~ ~c~

Mike Cork

Have fun with those guys or gals and we will see you soon, it's going to be a great time at the Grand :toot:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Rickoos

Ohhhhhh Wildcat buddy,

Don't forget that someone with TCTC lives in your backyard......... ~shade ~shade :P

I can get whatever the guys need down here, but I really don't think Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion for your southern butts will be all that hard to find on your way home. :roll2: :roll2:

Ricky >:D
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,

Brush Hawg

Dem dere Yankee fish sure ate up my Little George's something fierce.  Hope I get to visit one of them Yankee sportin goods stores up there maybe find me some of that 2# flourocarbonated line or some of that Carolina rigging.  Us southerners ain't used to all those fancy terms and techniques.  We just throw out our cocahoe's on a 3/8 oz jig and hold on.
LOCKJAW BASS CLUB
Well Hooked Bass Club
LSU TIGERS 1958, 2003, 2007, 2019 FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Rickoos

hey brush hawg,

bring your Henderson map some we can compare notes for the next trip there......

Ricky ;)
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,

Brush Hawg

Just a little to tip to my fellow southerners how to irritate a yankee (Alexandria North):
* Take your own sweet time when doing ANYTHING.

* Pronounce all one syllable words with two.

* When giving directions, finish with "it's right down yonder on the left."

* Talk REAL slow, and ask them to speak more slowly so you can understand what they're saying.

* When they talk nostalgically about the North, tell 'em "Delta's ready when you are!"

* Talk loudly and often about SEC football or ACC basketball.

* Refer to every soft drink as a Coke.

* Always order sweet tea and/or grits. When they don't have it, raise a ruckus.

* Offer to send 'em a bottle of fresh air.

* Insist on being addressed by your first AND middle names. (e.g. Lisa Marie -- John Michael -- Jim Bob. . .)

* Frequently bring up "The War of Northern Aggression" in conversation. If anyone ever says the words "Civil War", always interject that "there was nothing civil about it."

* Address all males as "son" and females as "little lady".

* Correct their pronunciation of certain words. For example: It's "pee-can."

* Put Tabasco on everything.

* For New York Yankees: Act as if the whole state of New York is New York City. In other words, if they say "Yo, I'm from upstate New Yoik!" say , "Well I'll be, my wife has always wanted to see a Broadway show!"

* When invited to dinner, offer to bring dessert. Show up with a box of Moon Pies. . . banana ones.

* Name all of your children "Bubba."

* Use the word "reckon" in a sentence.

* "Mash" buttons. "Cut" off lights. "Carry" the kids to school. "Fetch" something.

* Never simply "do" something. Be "fixin to do" something.

* Tell them you don't have an accent, they do.

* Be sure to include "yes/no ma'am/sir" in all conversations..

* Only use landmarks and ramble on when giving directions. "Now go down Jeff Davis Highway and turn left at where the Chevron station used to be. I think they turned it into a Amoco. Or maybe a BP. Anyway, turn right there. . ." "You said left." "Did I? Well, turn left there and follow it until you see a big fish on your left. I remember when that fish used to be on the other side of town.."

* Ask them if it's still snowing up North. Then tell 'em you went driving around in your convertible this weekend.

* Call 'em a yankee. Works every time.
LOCKJAW BASS CLUB
Well Hooked Bass Club
LSU TIGERS 1958, 2003, 2007, 2019 FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Mike Noble

Good ones Brush Hawg.

And just know everyone....the TCTC bunch has a motto...

We stay ready to avoid having to get ready.

Bring on the fishing and fun.
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Jared LeBlue

Rickoos you must be a yankee at heart, southerns don't use vasoline, we use Boudreaux's Butt Paste.
Ardent Prostaff