Ultimate Bass Club Shoot Out tournament results

Started by Mike Cork, June 26, 2005, 06:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

After a very hot weekend (95-99 all four days with little to sometimes absolutely no wind or clouds) and lots of fish being caught, the second annual Ultimate Bass Club Shoot Out finally came and went. Here is a quick run down and look for a full article of all the great happenings with in the next couple days :-*

Day Two Big Bass went to Shawn Allen from the Twin Cities Team Club, with a nice 3.76 pounder just edging out the 3.73 pounder that our tournament winning team weighed in.

Third Place TrophyJohnathan LeDoux and Robert Rollins from the Lock Jaw Bass Club, with a first day stringer of 10.66 and a second day 4.26 for a total of 14.92. Johnathon LeDoux also had the first day big bass of the tournament with a beautiful 6.60 pounder. Robert Rollins, while in route to the tournament, had a very bad accident and was unable to fish. His vehicle was struck from behind in the town where the tournament was held.  When that happened it threw him into the path of an on coming tanker truck. Robert is currently still in the hospital but all signs are positive. Please say a special prayer for him and his family ~c~

Second Place Trophy
Mike Brown and Jimmy Brown from the Lock Jaw Bass Club, they had a first day stringer of 11.89 which gave them the over all lead for the first day and turned out to be the largest stringer weighed in for the two day tournament. Their second day stringer of 3.18 gave them a total of 15.07.

First Place Trophy
Charles Duhon and Darrel Duhon, father son team also from the Lock Jaw Bass Club, with a first day stringer of 9.40 pounds and a second day stringer of 7.42 pounds for a total of 16.82 pounds. They missed second day big fish by 3 hundredths of an ounce with a nice 3.73 pounder.

Club Award
After all the dust cleared it looked as though the Lock Jaw Bass Club was going to make a clean sweep. Although they held the top three places, the weights were so close that it was a nail bitter till the end.

After Day one Lock Jaw Bass Club was in the lead with their ten best bass weighing in at 32.08 pounds compared to the Twin Cities Team Club's weight of 28.97 pounds of fish. Lock Jaw was in the lead by 3.11 pounds. As you can see from the averages this lead could be shattered by one fish though. So day two started very even.

On Day two the Lock Jaw Bass Club put together a 10 bass limit weighing in at 15.83 pounds while the Twin Cities Team club compiled a 10 fish limit that tipped the scales at 26.44 pounds.

Total two day weight for the Lock Jaw Bass Club was 47.91 pounds while the Twin Cities Team Club put together a two day total of 55.41 pounds.

So even though the Lock Jaw Bass Club took home all the individual team trophies the Twin Cities Team Club fought hard and won the Club event and gets hang on to the title of the "Ultimate Bass Club Shoot Out" Champions.

WTG to the Lock Jaw Bass Club, for coming to the Twin Cities Team Club home waters and putting up some winning stringers. Good Job to the Twin Cities Team Club for showing the southern boys of the Lock Jaw Bass Club that it ain't over until the last bass is weighed. Watch for a full article and complete break down of the tournament results in the next couple days.  ;)

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Good show Lock Jaw Bass Club  ~c~ ~c~ nice tournment and it sounds like ya'll had a fun time and sorry to hear about Robert Rollins and glad he is going to be OK.
Twin Cities Team Club  ~c~ ~c~ "Ultimate Bass Club Shoot Out" Champions again  ~c~ ~c~   Will be looking for the article and  ;PHO) ;PHO)

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Ron Fogelson

Well I'm sorry I missed it, & am praying for Robert Rollins from the Lock Jaw Bass Club I sure hope a fast recovery is on the way.  Great Job by all & now all that is left to say is

lo :roll2: ;D  &  >:D  We told you so, we told you so, WE TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!

Play nice or Die
Fogy   :)

Lipripper

Yelp we sure did  lo lo but it was a good time had by all and lot's of good natured ribbing  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Jared LeBlue

Mike, Robert Rollins was the accident victim. You put it as Mark Norris in your article. Did Mark make that big of an impression on you? :roll2:
Ardent Prostaff

left_turn56

Sure wish I could have been there, sounds like it was a good time and the fishing was good!I looked over the results twice and did not see Dundee's name anywhere...all talk???
left_turn

Where are we going...and why are we in this hand basket???

Wildcat26

My partner suggested prior to the tournament that we fish what we know best.  Being from South Louisiana that means shallow, grass and lilies.  We planned to start in our "secret hole" that Darrell and Sean won our club tournament in the previous week.  Early Friday morning I went out pre-fishing only to find Papa and Trey right in the middle of our "secret hole".  During the morning I watched a dozen boats pound that hole. Some secret!

We did spend the entire tournament north of the bridge in shallow water and grass.  We started out well Saturday and had over 10 pounds in the first two hours.  Wish we could have weighted in then because by weigh in we had three fish die on us. We ended up taking a pound penalty for dead fish and ended the day in 5th place. On Saturday we caught 15 fish; two to small to weight, one slot, ten under slot that could weight and two over slot.

Sunday we worked the same pattern.  The fishing was harder Sunday after the lake was pounded so hard Saturday.  We did manange to catch 13 fish but 3 were slots an 5 were to small to weigh so we just caught 5 that would weigh with one being over the slot.  We thought it would take two over slot to have a shot at first place team but one over did the trick.  Weighting limits both days really helped us.

Early Saturday we found a small hole about the size of our boat in some of the thickest grass you will ever see.  We would circle back and hit that spot at least every two hours.  We caught a fish out of that hole on every pass. One over slot, several slots, and several under slot that would weigh were pulled from that small hole.

Most of our fish were caught on Sinko's.  We did catch a few, includeing one over on a Beaver.
;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D ;D ;D ;D :) ;D :) ;D

Brush Hawg

Just wanted to say congratulations to the Twin Cities.  They came back on Sunday and put a butt whipping on us.  I never thought Jimmy and myself would bring home any hardware, but we did.  I love this lake.  Beats anything we have close to home.  Just wanted to congratulate Jonathon Ledoux (Zuk) on an unbelievable tournament.  He finished in third while fishing by himself.  His was the most impressive of any performance this week.  He was really the most outstanding angler at the event.  Not a big prayer guy myself, but I definitely will be putting one in for Robert Rollins.  Robert is a super nice guy.  He hadn't had a chance to fish many club tournaments and was taking the time to come fish a tournament that wouldn't get him club points or any stringer money.  He was coming just to support our club and that he had to suffer this injury was terrible.  Get well, Robert.  On a lighter side, Lockjaw. 
LOCKJAW BASS CLUB
Well Hooked Bass Club
LSU TIGERS 1958, 2003, 2007, 2019 FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Jared LeBlue

Dude, I laughed all the way home. That statement would keep popping in my head, "Lock Jaw". That was some good entertainment Saturday night.
Ardent Prostaff

Jared LeBlue

I wanted to put out an extra big thanks to all the Sponsors of this tournament, especially cmegee, conniek, fish for free, and papa. I know there are lots of others and if I didn't list you, sorry, but I do appriciate everyone who made this tournament possible. ~c~
Ardent Prostaff

Rickoos

Now it's time to start on next years show................ ~sun ~sun ~sun

Ricky
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,

Jared LeBlue

Ricky, I knew I left someone out, thanks for getting those prizes. I know there's others that donated so I'm sure there will be several of these post. :roll2:
Ardent Prostaff

Rickoos

Rattle,

I have already spoken to our owner & to Price Supply this morning telling them have great of a time we had and that everyone thanked them for the kind donations.....and both of them said to sign them up for next year's TCTC "win"............. :roll2:

Ricky ;PEP)
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,

Jared LeBlue

Awesome. Ricky if you have some conact information for them could you post it so we can thank them.
Ardent Prostaff

Rickoos

Rattle,

Merila made some copies of the sponsor sheet with card stock paper and is going to put Team pictures of both clubs on the bottom of the sheet and put it in a frame and give to both Price Supply and to our company, Offshore Oilfield Services.

I love her to death even though she kicked my butt all day Sat. fishing! :P

Ricky
sponsors:

Mike Cork

Ricky tell Marila thank you very much, Laurie and I are going to do thank you letters as well if you can send contact information our way we would love to send them a letter as well :-*

Yeah Rattle I screwed up the names ~sweat :roll2: but I went back and fixed it I hope I didn't scare anyone that might have read that ~sweat

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Jared LeBlue

Nope, I don't think the parties involved seen it. lo Can't wait for the article to come out, it should make everyone that didn't attend jealous.
Ardent Prostaff

Rickoos

Mike,

Will PM you the info this afternoon for OOS & Price Supply.......

Ricky
sponsors:

MotherNature

I have attached the results in spreadsheet form. If you can not open it up please let me know and I will add something else ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

MotherNature

Ok just so I cover all the bases here is a text file. Make sure you open it up all the way so that the lines of text are all in the right places lo

[attachment deleted by admin]

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

fishforfree

Well, Well, well..............................

Where's my buds Papa and Stick1?

I can't say that I actually brought a fish in for my team BUT it looks like we didn't come in last...........................Papa and Stick1 did.

That hurts more than me getting banged in the head by your sandal Stick1
:roll2: :roll2: :roll2: :roll2: :roll2: :roll2:

Zuk

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for showing your concern for my partner Robert Rollins. I got to see him today and was glad to see him moving around on crutches.   ~c~    Robert is a very good angler so look out for next year. I'd like to say thanks to Mike, Laurie and the Twin City Club for hosting such a good tournament and a special thanks to Mike Noble for visiting Robert.

The first half of the day was very slow having only one keeper and no one to talk too. After a relieving lunch break in the shade my spirits were lifted by "big mama" and three more small keepers to make a limit, which were caught on yum dingers in the grass around creek channels.
Sunday was very slow only catching two keepers and a few dinks on a fluke and sumo frog.
But I still managed to bring home a trophy for Robert.   I'd also like to say congrats to Charles, Darrel, Mike and Jimmy. Everyone who participated did a great job.  GO LOCKJAW ~c~

Mike Noble

It was good to see you today Zuk...glad we got some time to visit.  Honestly, we all like to pick and rag each other...but we are all family here.  It was the least I could do to go visit Robert.  I look forward to getting together with all of you again.

Glad you had a safe trip home.
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Jared LeBlue

Just posted some pictures from the 2006 UBCS in the gallery. Go check them out.
Ardent Prostaff

papa1

Quote from: fishforfree on June 29, 2005, 07:04:48 PM
Well, Well, well..............................

Where's my buds Papa and Stick1?

I can't say that I actually brought a fish in for my team BUT it looks like we didn't come in last...........................Papa and Stick1 did.

That hurts more than me getting banged in the head by your sandal Stick1
:roll2: :roll2: :roll2: :roll2: :roll2: :roll2:
Not so quick big guy Trey and I did not weigh our fish sun because we saw we did not have a fish that would help the team weight. I had 7 slot fish sunday alone.
we were not fishing for any individual honors, we spent out our time trying to catch quaility fish for the club. I doubt anyone in the tourney caught more decent fish than Trey and I did, That is one of my problems, I never fish for unders, if I bring one to the scales he committed suicide.
 But in the only individual Tourney I fished in (Fri Big Bass) I beleive I did OK.
papa ;)