Quoting a Post

Started by pawpaw, August 21, 2008, 07:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

Can someone explain to me how to quote a part of a post without quoting the whole thing? I am just learning how to use a computer so please explain the big words.
I don't mind not knowing all the answers, but I keep forgeting the danged questions.

Mike Noble

quote author=pawpaw link=topic=53341.msg699855#msg699855 date=1219363735]
   Can someone explain to me how to quote a part of a post without quoting the whole thing? I am just learning how to use a computer so please explain the big words.
[/quote]

Quote from: pawpaw on August 21, 2008, 07:08:55 PM

I quoted your post twice.  In the first one, I left off the first [ .  That shows what the entire thing looks like.  In the second quote, it shows like it will in a post when you quote someone.  To only quote part of what is said, all you have to do is highlight the part you want removed and remove it.

Also, to type a response when you quote someone, make sure you have your cursor outside of the brackets that enclose the quote.

Hope this helps...let me know if you need something else.
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Ron Fogelson

Sure, here I quoted your whole post

Here I quoted just part of it.
   Can someone explain to me how to quote a part of a post without quoting the whole thing?

You can do this by deleting the section you don't need/want. Or if you want you can just type in [quote] at the start of the section you want to quote and then type[/quote] at the end of the section you want.

Ron Fogelson

Dang Noble got to it first, sory for the double post but if you need any help just ask.

pawpaw

Thank you Mike and Fogy, I think I've got it now.
I don't mind not knowing all the answers, but I keep forgeting the danged questions.

Lipripper

Quote from: Fogy on August 21, 2008, 07:27:37 PM
sory for the double post
Fogy your an Admin and what is the rule for double posts  lo lo just kidding. Sometimes it's good to see how it works  ;)

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Nutt

Quote from: Lipripper on August 22, 2008, 01:29:53 PM
  Sometimes it's good to see how it works  ;)

So thats how you do it.  Hmmm
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

clubber

I needed that help myself, me and paw paw went to the same computer school.  ;D

Swede

Quote from: clubber on October 30, 2008, 03:22:12 PM
I needed that help myself, me and paw paw went to the same computer school.  ;D

I think I know both of you from class - but I think you did better than I did lo
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

coldfront

Quote from: pawpaw on August 21, 2008, 11:32:06 PM
   Thank you Mike and Fogy, I think I've got it now.

It's also pretty cool because you can do 'other stuff' to...like

Quote from: Chicken Little...the sky is falling!...

in the first bracket, you write quote=chicken little ...  and in the following bracket you write /quote

or, more appropriate tonight
Quote from: unknown seafarer...it's cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey...