Comin to Table Rock Sept. 21-24

Started by kymatlo, September 14, 2008, 07:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kymatlo

Visiting in-laws in Branson West for a few days later this month. We're driving all the way from Indianapolis, and I haven't decided if I'm pullin my boat (18ft. Fish n Ski) down or not.

Is there any good place on/around the lake to rent a decent fishing rig for a couple days? I probably will be going out myself, or maybe bringing my father in law.

Any tips on fishing the lake this time of year? Are the white bass running on the surface yet? I'm imagining smallies are on deep cliffs and largemouth are schooled up in the channels (just seems like every generic reservoir report says the same thing. . .ever notice that?) I've never seriously fished the lake before, so just a quick fish/don't fish list of the major arms would be great. Any takers on that?
Thanks guys
-MAtt
Quit drinkin so much, we're goin fishin in the morning

jfly

I have seen a few boats from Boomarang resort on the lake.  Nothing fancy, probably 16 foot or so alum. boats.  I think they have 40hp motors, trolling motor, a graph.  I haveheard they a pretty reasonable.   Boomarang is located right across the lake from Indian Point Marina.  You could fish in Indian Creek the entire time and not have to go anywhere else.  Right now the lake is on fire and only getting better.  It is about 7 foot high and rising.  I haven't been this week, but last weekend the water was 76 degrees.  The fish were in 1-8 foot of water eating buzzbaits, spinnerbaits, jigs, and cranks.  Check out ozarkanglers.com for some updated reports just before you come.  Some of the areas best guides that post up very detailed info on there nearly every other day.  Good luck.

kymatlo

Got out and fished Table Rock Monday evening and all day Tuesday. I rented a boat from Fish Hook resort, they had a 16ft. G3 fully rigged, it worked out great.

As far as the fishing, Tues. morning there was a good cover of fog on the lake, and I caught a lot of fish on topwater in the Indian Point area. Orange zara spook and chartruese buzzbait were the best offerings. Mostly found places where the creek channels would swing close the bank and hopefully some submerged timber. Didn't find any monsters, but got several spots in the 16inch range and 3 smallies better than 14".

After the sun came up and the fog left, I went to flippin jigs/soft plastics under docks and logs to try and find some bigger fish. Once again, I caught good numbers of spotted bass, but nothing bigger than 17". Also had some nice 'gills hit the jig, so I had them for dinner. Oh well, I had fun, learned a little about the lake, and probably boated 25-30 fish total. . .so I can't say it wasn't worth the drive.
Quit drinkin so much, we're goin fishin in the morning

mikeb

When in doubt set the hook!!