Shimano Stradic and Bps Extreme combo ??

Started by tm, July 08, 2005, 04:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tm

Decision time. Do I buy the stradic/extreme spinning combo for 160.00 or piece together an outfit for the same price ?? What do you guys think ?

Kal-Kevin

It is a matter of your liking, if you like their set ups then go for it, but I would try different reels on different poles first. You will normally save a few dollars here and there on combos, but if it does not fit your needs what good are a few  dollars. For me I like to use different reels on different poles. They fit my needs better and I get the job done to my likings.

By the way you can join us here and it is free! we love to have guest visit us, but there are some good people here and you will get to make friend. 8)

earthworm77

For the money, you won't find anyting that is even close in quality or value. At one time or another I had about 10 Stradics. Good reels. The reel alone sells for about 120.00 so your way ahead of the game. I switched over to Sustains because I had an opportunity that I couldn't pass up.
Micro Munch Tackle

I am my own man.

Fishaholic

I love all the Shimano reels for obvious reasons...regardless of what price range reel you choose, you're way ahead of the game already by choosing Shimano.

Stradics are the reels that quite often go on sale (usually unannounced) at Lunkers and BPS, and occassionally at smaller sporting goods stores.

As to buying a combo...I like to put a reel on a rod and be able to assure myself that I like the balance and feel of the combo that I put together, not what someone else thinks I should have together, because their sense of feel and my sense of feel don't always jive.

...well, that's my opinion anyway.

Pferox

Buying a combo can be a good money saver, but I have to try it first.
I ran across a Penn combo on sale at Sport Mart or someplace like that and it became my favorite salt rod, I found em at BPS a little cheeper and ordered a couple more from there.
But all in all I am real leary of orderin something right from the catalogue or website unless it is something I have used before.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim