lake cumberland 10/7

Started by xSTRUNKx, October 07, 2008, 03:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSTRUNKx

fishing today was terrible. me and my good buddy creech hit the lake before daylight and put in at conley bottom. we zipped up the lake to my favorite flats and threw some spooks and buzz baits. he backlashed his reel so since im so good at picking em out i told him id get it real quick...may be the worst ive seen. i let him throw my spook since he forgot his while i attempted to pick his backlash out. and to no suprise while i was doing that he landed a 2lb smallie, a small kentuck, and then a 4lb smally. after the morning bite was over we headed toward white oak creek and through virtually every bait in the box and didnt take a bite all day. so needless to say we packed it up and went to the house. month and day wise it is fall, but weather wise it is that dreaded summer-fall transition where the bass are suspended. they wouldnt even take shad colored crankbaits or spinners. it was a tad bit windy and the water was 71 degrees. horrible day for fishing. we're gonna try to go again next week. i'll post a report on that trip for those lake cumberland fishermen. tight lines and good luck.