Jim River Bass Fishing Report

Started by dimockcarp, July 12, 2005, 05:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dimockcarp

Fishing was hot yesterday. Had 4 nice cats in the boat before it got. The front I was hoping for went north so fishing in the heat has to be a cat day. Using nightcrawlers I had 4 cats 3lb 5lb 6lb and an 8lb. Not a bad day had a gentle breeze to keep from going insane. Caught several carp one weighing more than my scale allows, took almost 45 minutes to bring the big girl in. Good luck to those going out to the Jim River. I fished Milltown and went north to the New and Old Elm Colonies by boat. Water is still a bit high but allows for travel further north.

I didn't catch any but walleyes are still being caught under the spillway here and by Wolf Creek. Where Firesteel Creek and Jim River join crappies are being caught in the 1-2.25 range, saw a picture in the paper of a 2.5lb crappie caught by a little girl, kudoos to her. Im gonna have to go there.
Thanks..
There are no bad days, but better days spent fishing....

Mike Cork

dimockcarp , thanks for the information  :-* sounds like you had a fun day on the water, WTG

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

dimockcarp

Catfish are biting by the milltown area, can of worms working best. Water levels are getting back to norm and the water temp up, just waiting for some hotter stickier days. People catching some flates using cut baits, no reports or action using stinkbait, let the temp stay up with humidty and i think youll get a stringer full.

Swede

I'm from MN originally - enjoy the reports.  Have you ever fished the Red River on MN border?  Don't know exactly where you live, but it may be a bit of a drive for you.  Them cats can pull a line now - how do you like frying them up?  What kind of ingredients do you use?
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

dimockcarp

My brother in law used to live a few miles away from the red river. Goes back five - six times a year, always tells me how much bigger they are in the Red. Im supposed to go with him sometime in August and am really looking forward to some of those of monster channel cats. From what I understand that river is loaded with decent bass as well. I can't say one way or the other, but Im always looking for either, but I'm excited to see the Red River. The only river that runs true north. I like my cats several ways but my favorite recipe has flour, garlic powder, onion powder, some salt and pepper, papirika (spelling), and my favorite ingredients cyanne pepper and red pepper flakes deep fat fried. Thanks for the post here. You have any goodies you can share on the Red River, also please give me your favorite way to cook cats. Thanks in advance!!!!! Mike

Swede

I like first flour with the ingredients you mentioned, then dipped in egg, then put a coating of instant potato flakes on the outside.  MMMMM--MMMMM!!  Have never fished the Red River, but there is another that flows north.  St Johns in Florida.  Red has both Channel and I think Blue cats as well.  Trying to remember In-Fisherman article I read.  Good luck to you.
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts