Righted Handed Left Hand.....

Started by -Joe-, November 08, 2008, 03:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Joe-

I know the theory that a right handed person 'should' use a lefty reel. I do not! My dilema.... I ordered a Quantum PT burner from Cabelas reg. $239 on sale for $99 (last years model) because I have one already and it is a superb reel. Well they are out of the righty's and will be no more and they sent me a lefty. Now my question is do any of you fish with both left and right reels and if so is it awkward to adjust back and forth. I'm just not sure about having 10 righty's on deck with one lefty stuck in there.

Thanks,
Joe

CDOM186

I'm a righty myself.. But, I just bought a new rod and reel and went with a lefty and believe it or not I liked it so much I went ahead a bought a second one.. I have no trouble switching from my right to left and I very uncordinated with my left hand!!

BassinAl

I am a righty and bought two lefties specifically for flipping and pitching. As it turns out the line I was holding with my left hand kept getting caught on the handles. Now I use them for cranking and love it. I can only cast accurately with my right hand, so after the cast I have to switch the righty reels to to my left hand. With the lefties, there is no need to switch.
Having said that, the ideal would be to be able to cast with either hand, but obviously, I am too old to learn.  :'(
Good luck with your new reel.
Cheers,    ><////>   ><>
Al O               ><////>

islandbass

Take it as an oppurtunity to fish both ways. That's what I did. You are not too old to learn, that is for sure. Just do it.  ~c~
ARX - IB's Daughter on BC Reels:
"Papi! I like this reel. It is so much easier to use than the other one (the spinning reel) and it is more fun to use too." Now all I can say to that is this;
"That's my little girl!"

The Bassmeister

I use both. It relieves stress on the wrist's, especially when cranking or chuckin' a spinnerbait all day.  Trust me the older you get you will find yourself switching from left to right throughout the day.
Ranger 519VX 200 Optimax

Cross her eyes!

Baron49

Quote from: The Bassmeister on November 09, 2008, 09:09:38 AM
I use both. It relieves stress on the wrist's, especially when cranking or chuckin' a spinnerbait all day.  Trust me the older you get you will find yourself switching from left to right throughout the day.

Amen to that!

tmiller2

Quote from: The Bassmeister on November 09, 2008, 09:09:38 AM

lo lo lo even though im still a youngin i know what you mean.....i have taught myself to do both because i go town to OC maryland every summer with my friend and we fish in the bay behind his house for up to anywhere from 14 to 18 hours a day.......just casting the heavier baits all day is enough to make one tired.....but if we hit a school of striper or the fluke are hittin hard forget about it..i think my arm would fall off.....

i have not done it with my freshwater stuff yet but i think i would be able to if need be.
"the vibrashock?.....its like crack for fish"