MY RHINO V176 ALL ALUM SUZUKI 4 STROKE DF-70 UP DATE ON THE WORK 11/15

Started by BASSNUT67, November 09, 2008, 10:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BASSNUT67

~flag New to the board just wanted to share
One day I get a call from my Dad in Alabama he tells me he is getting to old to handle his boat and he is making arrangements to have it delivered to me. The boat has been sitting for about 2 ½ years. The boat arrived on 11/05/07. Woke up early Sat morning and started cleaning all the seats, after I got done with the seats I put lots of vinyl conditioner on the seats DAM THEY TURNED OUT AWESOME. Today I shampooed all the carpet in the boat; I had to be careful because the carpet was very weather beating, later down the road I'll put new carpet in. It looks pretty good after I got done shampooing all the Alabama dirt out of it. I replaced all the wiring and then I took a look at the motor, I took all the old fuel out, changed all the fuel filters and spark plugs, the motor would crank over but it would not start. I don't know anything about this motor so I took it to a friend that works on outboard motors. My friend Jim found the problem it was the fuel pump as you can see in the pictures the fuel pump is shot because the boat sat for about 2 1/2 years and condensation formed in the fuel pump, He's going to replace the hole thing because at the bottom of it, there is a screw that is stuck, Jim said it is best to get a new one because it will be under warranty. The other pictures show what happened to the fender when I had a blow out on the freeway towing it to Jim's. The total cost for this plus Jim's labor ran me $1011.24 THANK GOD FOR MY TAXES. Know it's time for the bunk boards. I dropped my boat off at my friend's house in Hesperia, so he can reinforce the bolster brackets and help me put on the new bunk boards, as you can see in one of the pick the center of the bolster bracket is gone, he fixed that with no problem. There is one thing I love about this boat, it's all alum and there is not one pice of wood on it.

By the way the boat was free thanks Pops

blake711

Lots of photobucket messages about moved or deleted images. 

Blake

BASSNUT67

Ok hows that? can you see them know? I can see them

paxpress

blake711

Jdaddy

Very nice, that's one heck of a project, good job  bud.  ~c~

BASSNUT67

Well I just got done cleaning all the old glue off, as you can see in some of the pictures there are two areas where I could not clean off the old glue because that area in between the livewell is to small for me to get anything in there so I installed some wood in between the livewell that way I don't have to worry about putting carpet down in that tight area. Tomorrow I will scrub down the inside of the boat with acetone to get everything clean that way I will be ready for the carpet, I will get the carpet when I get my vacation check.