Merry Christmas OA

Started by complac3ncy, December 21, 2008, 01:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

complac3ncy

I know it's a few days early but just wanted to entend a Merry Christmas to everyone on the board here. I appreciate Rod and Jay inviting me along to fish the intramurals this year and it was a blast fishing all these ponds. It's been a pretty solid year of fishing and hopefully it will only get better. With all the lakes around us still on the rebound from renovation, i'm thinking 2009 will be pretty good.  ~cf
-Joe

Bassthumb

Ditto!  My family celebrated today (Sun) due to a trip to Disney on 12/23-12/26.  We leave at Oh dark 30 on Tue wher it will be, oh, 75 to 80° warmer than it is today!

I get back on Frid afternoon, and leave Sat am for Halsey to muzzleload hunt to the end of the year...  If anyone wants to stop by (at Halsey) just lemme know...

I am hoping Santa left my 5x5 muley where I can find it...

Only only 86 more days till my first tournament!

Happy nondenominational holiday event to All UBers and OAers.
Retired USAF MSgt (1W071A)            2008 Triton Tr-196
Plattsmouth, NE                  Mercury Optimax 200
B.A.S.S   NE B.A.S.S. Federation   FoMNTT participant (never again)                   Omaha-River City Bass Club

UltimateBass#4

I will third that!  Doug, what part of the forest are you gonna concentrate on?  Let me know and I might be able to give you a few pointers on where I have seen some really nice ones.  How much snow is out there?  The snow might limit a couple of my spots, but one real good one should be available anytime.  Are you staying in the CG or at Thedford?

Bassthumb

Campground. Brrrr

No idea on snow amount, but i am sure there is some.  I am concentrating on a 1/2 mile corridor fromt the 4H camp to the west, then north south along that corridor, or a half mile wide strip right down the middle of Halsey, but on the north end. good mixture of white and black tail deer in that particular area.

Easy to drive to, easy to drag out of, seen many good deer there. close to campground.  Since my back is 50/50, I am not hunting anywhere all that far off the hardball road in there, and I doubt I see many folks during that time either.
B.A.S.S   NE B.A.S.S. Federation   FoMNTT participant (never again)                   Omaha-River City Bass Club

complac3ncy

Some of you may already have seen this but I thought it was pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCp4R7pqanc

UltimateBass#4

See that one every year, always makes me laugh...almost like "Ding-Fries are done"...

UltimateBass#4

BT, how did halsey turn out for you...did you get one with the smokepole?

Bassthumb

Halsey was a bust.  Saw 11 does in 2.5 days.  there were 5 hunters in the whole place as near as I could tell.  Either the deer are nocturnal, or dead.  Saw tons of sign, no deer.  We sat, walked, drove and still only does, and not that many.

My record out there is 0-3, so I think I may just never try it again.

We did have a great time, ate good, slept good, and never really got cold.  oh well.

UltimateBass#4

There are plenty out there, you just need to find them.  I guess I need to give you some info.  Schwartz knows some spots too (I showed him), have him mark a map for you.

Bassthumb

Unless those mulies come to Sarpy Co, I probably won't need a map.  That place perplexes me greatly.

when do you leave that place? 

UltimateBass#4

I just turned in my extension paperwork today which takes me to 26, so unless I make SMSgt, two years.  If I make Senior, there are no Senior slots for me here, so I would leave...C'mon Senior!!!  Or the Powerball, that would hasten my departure from this god forsaken icebox much sooner!

Bassthumb

Good for you.  I left with such disdain I often wonder if I had a decent mentor, would I have made E8 and E9.  The list for Weather E9 this year were all SSgts when I got to Offutt in 97...

It is hard to believe, but I have been retired 6 yrs, 3 mos. (and still not eligible for AARP discounts LOL).

Javelin 409

Hey Trackerboy, if one were to hang a senko in a tree, would that bring in the deer?
inquiringmindswannknow?///

UltimateBass#4

Quote from: Javelin 409 on January 07, 2009, 03:57:31 PM
Hey Trackerboy, if one were to hang a senko in a tree, would that bring in the deer?
inquiringindswannknow?///

What is inquirindswannknow?  Did you create your own language?  Kind of like Klingon but not really?  Sheesh, nice try but you need to go back to school... ~roflmao

UltimateBass#4

Is that what happens when you give a tent peg a keyboard?

Javelin 409

ahh ya got me, typo....

whatever a klingon is...

a senko tosser and a trekkie??   ~roflmao