New Johns/McCluskey Canal Bass Fishing Report

Started by UltimateBass#4, December 08, 2008, 10:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UltimateBass#4

-Bryan-

Hit New Johns this morning, stuck a couple real pigs, first one was a largemouth that tipped the scales at about 5lbs and then a Smallie that came in at about 4lbs.  Had a great day on the water!  I will try to post pics when I figure it out...OK, think I got it...Keep in mind, this is North Dakota, we don't have the same growing season for our fish as do the more fortunate folks from the southern regions...

[attachment deleted by admin]
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

Swede

A couple of bruisers - great catch!! ~c~  Any hints on lures of choice?
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

-Bryan-

The Largemouth was on a spro frog and the Smallie came on a T-Rigged ribbon tail worm.  The main pattern I found was to fish any shady pockets.  Since there are no trees here, anything that would cast a shadow on a hot day would hold fish.

Swede

Quote from: Tracker03 on August 02, 2009, 10:11:57 PM
The Largemouth was on a spro frog and the Smallie came on a T-Rigged ribbon tail worm.  The main pattern I found was to fish any shady pockets.  Since there are no trees here, anything that would cast a shadow on a hot day would hold fish.

Thanks a lot - I'm sure this will provide a big help to those looking for a place to start!!  ~c~
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

-Bryan-

Yea, but I think I might be the only person in North Dakota that gives a hoot about bass...but with all these folks heading this way from Barksdale, I really hope we can get a club together, kind of like UB for the north...I would really like to get a military bass club going here.  That said, any UBers up here or headed up here send me a PM and we can chat!