start thinking about the new schedule

Started by Chuck Tawney, December 14, 2008, 09:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Tawney

That time of the year again, we need to start putting together next years schedule. We need ideas, locations, maybe trophies, etc........
Wanna start raffling off door prizes at the meetings, and/or the tourneys.  Thinking about looking for a club sponsor also, any ideas, or any input, let me know.
                                             Chuck
Evolve Baits Pro Staff  Explosive Tackle Pro Staff
Denali Rods Pro Staff  RemoteMechanic.com ProTeam  Solar Bat Sunglasses  Team Outcast
www.chucktawney.com

fishmagnet

1st tx  [march]  lake anna 2 days???  we got all winter to save gas and hotel $$$ .                                                                                                                                                                         Dustin

Chuck Tawney

I am all for it! Whats the worst that could happen, we dont catch fish...........that happened last year at tydings.  We will bring it up, gas is coming down, I like your thinking, good job.  Any other ideas, thats a good one.
                                                                         Chuck
Denali Rods Pro Staff  RemoteMechanic.com ProTeam  Solar Bat Sunglasses  Team Outcast
www.chucktawney.com

fishmagnet

i think we can catch 'em down there in march.the power plant should have the water warmed up a bit and if we have a not so bad winter it might be pre spawn in parts of the lake.it would not suprise me if one of us caught a 6 or 7 pounder down there.and we then have all season to catch up!!!                                                                                                                                                        dustin

Chuck Tawney

I really do like the anna idea, been looking back at reports for the last 5 years, huge bags, or real small,I love to gamble.  Im in on that one.  Anything else?   I have some things i still have working, get with ya soon.
                                                                             Chuck
www.chucktawney.com

fishmagnet

we should try to find out what the legal size limits are down there in the spring.i fished a tx there in the spring like 6 years ago and there was a slot limit.i forget the actual inches but i remember guys wieghing 9 & 10 inchers. it would suck to wiegh 5 fish for 3 pounds.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Chuck Tawney

Dont know about the slot limit, but I have checked a few sites, can be awesome. Check out www.sturgeoncreekmarina.com,  go to tourney results. A couple of 20lb bags, most average 12 to 15lbs that time of year.  I am gonna really push for this, Gonna check hotels and camp grounds. If they dont want to do this, you & I should go down and whack em one day. Look into some of it, I am really wanting to get out and fish.
                                            Chuck
www.chucktawney.com

fishmagnet

I checked out the site , it made me want to tie on a silver buddy and head down now!!! i need to get out in a bad way.im gonna head to wal mart for a jump suit/ its going to be a early spring.